HybridZ

Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

jknc90

What do you guys think about starting a thread with clips of exhaust so that if somebody is wondering how something would sound, they could come here. I think we should inculde: Engine, mods to engine, and exhaust components with each post. I'll post mine in a week or two when I finish.

Thanks everybody

F54 block with flat top pistons

N42 head with stage IV schnieder cam

stock roundtop SUs

MSA 6-1 exhaust

open header

no high RPM vids 'cause this was right after i replaced the head and it was still breaking in. i will get more vids with the MSA 2.5" exhaust bolted up with the super turbo muffler

Guest 280ZForce

this was my previous engine setup...

3.0L L-series Stroker Turbo

stroker crank

ross forged pistons

minor head work and a nice cam

holset hy35 turbo

Holset 4" dp - 3" straight back exhaust w/ apexi n1 turbo muffler

yada yada...

on with the vids of the old...

Stroker Idle

Rev from the Back

Rev from the Front

Quick lil pull then release on 8 psi (my turbo doesnt start breathing good till after 12 psi, but i was still tuning at this point)

New setup....yet to be fired up but read sig... and you thought my previous setup sounds gnarly, can't wait to fire up this bad boy.

76 fairlady

f54 block

n42 head

msa stage 3 cam

triple 40mm mikuni's

msa 6 into 1 open header

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/red66chev/?action=view&current=100_1073.flv

This one sounds *juuuuuuuuust* right.

Don't get me wrong, all those turbos sound incredible... but theres special noise that a weber makes, or something. The SUs sound good, but not enough to make it preferable over the turbos like the triple webers or solexes or whatever..

Wish I had something to post to add to the discussion.

76 fairlady

f54 block

n42 head

msa stage 3 cam

triple 40mm mikuni's

msa 6 into 1 open header

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/red66chev/?action=view&current=100_1073.flv

love the idle.

here's mine when we fired up the engine for the first time. just a lot of noise really cause it's on pipes only. i was more impressed with the response of the engine but you should've seen my grin when i heard it fire up. blew me away.

(newest of the three)

I can't seem to figure out what is causing the popping. It is really bad now with the Mallory 6a ignition box but the same thing happened with the MSD 5900 and with the stock unit. It sounds as if one more backfire will blow the muffler off the back of the car...I did figure out that my oil pump shaft was off by 2 teeth which was the timing thing.

I'm guessing something is up with the dizzy? The spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor have aout 11k miles on them...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...