HybridZ

Armada CV shafts good for anything?

lesd

I just had UPS drop off my Armada 2.94 r230 on my front porch. No box either, kind of funny.

Anyhow, it came with the Armada shafts as well. The shaft dia. is 32mm , and the spline end is 33mm . A quick count gave me a 32 spline ( maybe 31 ).

Question: Can I use these Armada shafts for my r230 install by machining a new spline end, assuming it is oversized ? What is the diameter of the spline that goes into the 'usual' companion adapter ?

-Les

If the shaft is a larger diameter than the Q 45 shafts, you could have the shafts cut to the correct length and new splines machined to that shaft. It would then require you to use the armada CV on one end and the Q45 cv on the new end.

Just not sure of the diameter of the Q45 stuff.

Intersting idea. It would save some cash to do it this way.

So do I have to go to a mall and, calipers in hand, dive under a q45 or 300ZxTT and measure to find out? :o

Anyone know the dia. of that stick ?

-Les

If the shaft is a larger diameter than the Q 45 shafts, you could have the shafts cut to the correct length and new splines machined to that shaft. It would then require you to use the armada CV on one end and the Q45 cv on the new end.

Just not sure of the diameter of the Q45 stuff.

Intersting idea. It would save some cash to do it this way.