HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

JCCS-17-copy.jpg

Anyone have a clue what wheels and fitment these are? Was at the 2013 JCCS show and is rb25 swapped.

I'm assuming 17"x9.5" Rota RKR since they look larger than 16s, have a decent lip, and the finish doesn't look like Watanabe, but I could be mistaken. Would love to know the offset, width, tire size, and suspension used.

Yep definitely RKR. I have them in 5 lug and assume the rears have the same specs at 17x9.5 -19, but no clue on the fronts. they look the same as the rear though from the outer lip. Mine don't have that much dish in the front

237763ff-3e51-4d3f-a4d4-cebd0fa760f6.jpg

Off topic, but I am most impressed with the functional side skirts. 

They look like the ones sold everywhere for miatas these days, should try taking a measurement and comparing if you are interested.

Yep definitely RKR. I have them in 5 lug and assume the rears have the same specs at 17x9.5 -19, but no clue on the fronts. they look the same as the rear though from the outer lip. Mine don't have that much dish in the front

Yeah I have seen yours.(Nice ride by the way) I'm thinking he is running 255/40/17 or 245/40/17 on the rear because they tuck more into the flare and looks more stretched. Plus, the dunlop zII in 245/40/17 is actually rated to a max 9.5" wheel width and these look about as stretched as a manufacturer would recommend.

The front is what I have no idea about. Tire looks similar so my guess is 255/40/17 or 245/40/17 again, but they offer that 17x9.5 RKR in multiple offsets now, 0- (-20). I'm very curious if the 17x9.5 0et could fit up front with coilovers, seems like it would be very tight.

Edited by 1vicissitude

Funny that those skirts made it all the way to the s30's, I remember when the real ones came out, they were designed by FEED for their FD Rx7. At first I hated them because they look like running boards for a truck, especially when installed wrong. Then by the time they grew on me it turned into "the cool thing" that everyone was doing. Good ol china, the originals used to cost like 500 before shipping.

AkRev, on 22 Mar 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

I'd Love to know what side skirts those are. Looks awesome.

This is not intended as a dig at the job done, but just what I can tell from observation.

Doesn't look as much like "side skirts" as it does garage door weather stripping / rubber seal glued / screwed to the bottom edge, which I also like the look... :2thumbs:

This is not intended as a dig at the job done, but just what I can tell from observation.

Doesn't look as much like "side skirts" as it does garage door weather stripping / rubber seal glued / screwed to the bottom edge, which I also like the look... :2thumbs:

i'm about 90% sure those are some version of the FEED FD side skirts on their old car, they have since created a new one with a different type but FD guys loved using them and has since started a trend in other car types since a company in china has produced a "universal" version

dsc_6039top-fuel-racing.jpg

Edited by helghast7

I just got the new wheels and tires on the car.  Here's the specs, and the pics.  Fitment's as tight as I heard it was but no rubbing noticed.

Car: 1978 280z

Wheels: XXR 002 16x8 et0, 3.5" lip

Tires: Dunlop Direzza DZ101 225/50/16

Suspension: stock 

Now I just need to bring it down out of the sky!

20140412_135449.jpg

20140412_130932.jpg

post-3945-0-20224700-1397351351_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...