HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

Another aftermarket company that hires chicks to be sales and tech reps. I'm sure there are wonderful exceptions to my machismo, but don't expect Deana to ever follow up with you. The old guy with no teeth who knows the answer to your question got fired last year because his health insurance got too expensive, so she can't find him to ask him what a centerbore or offset is.

• Like 1

As far as I am concerned between having to sell all my 4 lug setup and convert to 5 and mostly the lack of customer concern/support, they lost my potential purchase.  I am looking deep into the Volk TE37 V option. Been trying to dig up as much info on the TE37 model used on the FuguZ car with soooo much conflicting info on them. After calling Rays Wheels and talking with their sales staff (who didn't sound 100% sure) and said they would only sell what is available on their site and not a custom version, but still left me wondering what they are exactly.  Today I called Greddy and asked the same question as what exactly the wheels are. I was told they are a custom derivative of the TE37 V model and the offset info was confidential and he wouldn't divulge. So I am assuming for non high profile social stars and scrubs like myself, the only TE37,  4 x 114.3, 17" wheel options come in (9" -10), (9.5" -15) and (10" -20).  

https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/products/wheel.php?lang=en&wheel=TE37V

As far as I am concerned between having to sell all my 4 lug setup and convert to 5 and mostly the lack of customer concern/support, they lost my potential purchase. I am looking deep into the Volk TE37 V option. Been trying to dig up as much info on the TE37 model used on the FuguZ car with soooo much conflicting info on them. After calling Rays Wheels and talking with their sales staff (who didn't sound 100% sure) and said they would only sell what is available on their site and not a custom version, but still left me wondering what they are exactly. Today I called Greddy and asked the same question as what exactly the wheels are. I was told they are a custom derivative of the TE37 V model and the offset info was confidential and he wouldn't divulge. So I am assuming for non high profile social stars and scrubs like myself, the only TE37, 4 x 114.3, 17" wheel options come in (9" -10), (9.5" -15) and (10" -20).

https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/products/wheel.php?lang=en&wheel=TE37V

No fuguz were not custom TE37 as there are no custom ones. Greddy did confirm when I was doing their interior the offsets as per rays website but I feel there might be some spacers

I am still baffled by this Greddy video (

). At 1:38 in, you can see they tried 255,265 qnd 275 tires and also look carefully at the difference of the rim in the video (TE37 V SL) which is nowhere on the Rays site, as well as the TE37 SL that has lettering embossed in the rim as opposed to the TE37 V model without the embossed letters. On the Rays site the SL model only comes in 5 lug with low positive offsets for the 17" wheels. The rear tire size on the FuguZ appears to be only 255's according to some of the magazines, which seems narrow considering how wide that body kit appears to be. Must be somewhere between a standard ZG and BAMF width.  Pics attached of the two different model variations SL and V.

Lots of questions swirling in my head

post-736-0-23084800-1457803381_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-03853900-1457803433_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nelsonian

So let me get this correct, the FuguZ is using 2015 limited run of gunmetal gray TE37 V SL in 17" x 9.5" -15 front with 235 tires, and 10.5" -25 255 tires on the rears with red sticker options from the SL line. This would match D Sport Magazines article of offsets on it minus them calling the wheel version a VE. It seems as if there are no current wide options in negative offsets for the 17" 2016 V SL line in 4  lug, bummer.

Edited by Nelsonian

I'm also looking into the SSR Professor SP1 R in 17". Looks like lots of negative offsets available in wide selections.

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/wheels/sp1r_151617.asp

Personally this is a nice ass wheel. I don't think you can go wrong with it and they obviously have many more options. Throw a 12 in the back if right offset with a deep dish look. Bad ass in my opinion

J

My 2 cents as I have stated before is that five spoke wheels with a four lug pattern does not look right, no matter how cool the wheels are. There are three solution to this issue.

1. convert to five lugs

2. convert to pin drive and cover holes with a plate. Or wheels made for a pin drive set up.

3. get a different set of wheels

So, I am not sure why no one is interested in Jongbloed wheels. To my knowledge they are still made in Southern California. http://jongbloedracing.com/wordpress/

The first time I saw a set of their old classic race wheels I was hooked. The set I saw were just to wide for my build. Their 214 aero is similar to their old race wheel. Then there are just some old wheels like my BBS magnesium race wheels.

post-3505-0-46927300-1458013178_thumb.jpg

post-3505-0-65949300-1458013303_thumb.jpg

post-3505-0-23183800-1458013740_thumb.jpg

My 2 cents as I have stated before is that five spoke wheels with a four lug pattern does not look right, no matter how cool the wheels are. There are three solution to this issue.

1. convert to five lugs

2. convert to pin drive and cover holes with a plate. Or wheels made for a pin drive set up.

3. get a different set of wheels

So, I am not sure why no one is interested in Jongbloed wheels. To my knowledge they are still made in Southern California. http://jongbloedracing.com/wordpress/

The first time I saw a set of their old classic race wheels I was hooked. The set I saw were just to wide for my build. Their 214 aero is similar to their old race wheel. Then there are just some old wheels like my BBS magnesium race wheels.

I am willing to convert to 5 lug for the right wheel, just been taking me awhile to come to terms with it as I have the Modern Motorsports billet stubs in 4 and Arizona Z Wilwood brake setup as well. In my searching I have stumbled onto this site (Wheel Flip) and have spent loooots of time looking at soooo many wheels that I want like the Work VS KF model. I completely forgot about Jongbloed wheels, thanks for the reminder on that one. Love the old BBS as well. My favorite would be a re barreled set of RS GT's in diamond black.

http://wheelflip.com/

post-736-0-60537300-1458095914_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-69987500-1458095972_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-43595900-1458096020_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-76599100-1458096038_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nelsonian

• 2 weeks later...

These could be an option. American Racing VN477. I have set due to arrive on Monday (3/28/16) that I had done in gloss black powder. Mine are 17x9 and 17x9.5. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Check the backspace options. LOTS and they go up to 11" wide.

http://www.customwheelsexpress.com/custom-wheels-by-brand-american-racing-vintage-pc-american-racing-vn477-polished-custom-wheels-rims-p-2392.html

^^ Those look nice, please post up some pics when you have them mounted. I have been pondering the wheel options and find myself daily looking at the Volk TE37 , Work Meister S1 and SSR Professor SP1 R with the nod leaning more towards the TE37's. I am awaiting a response from a friend of a friend in Japan to see if he can get me a better price than quoted locally. I think I am going to go 5 lug for any future wheel options, especially since I have found (Wheel Flip.com) and they offer re barreling of many types of nice wheels. 

On a side note, Last week I called one last time to Weld Wheels to once again inquire about the weights and width availability of the GT-S series wheels and was told by the lady who answered in a slightly gruff demeanor that the sales rep Deanne would get back to me. No response once again, so that makes three calls in more than a months time with no call back or email. All I wanted to do was gather info and buy some forged wheels from them, but now they can kiss my A_ _. I will wait until I have another wheel manufacturers  purchase in place then send Weld a polite email explaining how happy I am to have found out how their customer service or lack thereof really is before I shelled out my hard earned money to them as well as give full credit to their top notch sales rep Deanne. 

Wheels came in today, but they are satin instead of gloss black. Not sure if I'll keep them satin or send black for a coat of gloss clear. Anyway the fronts are 17x 9, rear 17x9.5, Conti Extreme DWS 245 and 275. Tires will be mounted next week as I'll be out of town after tomorrow.

post-28933-0-32136700-1459202766_thumb.jpg

post-28933-0-54931600-1459202775_thumb.jpg

post-28933-0-36587800-1459202785_thumb.jpg

post-28933-0-66835300-1459202793_thumb.jpg

post-28933-0-28726100-1459202800_thumb.jpg

post-28933-0-41647400-1459202807_thumb.jpg

Edited by str8pipez

• 2 weeks later...

17X 9 & 9.5 Rota -13 & -19 245 40 and 255 40 Kuhmo V720's mock-up  and finished product

That looks good, fit is just right. Will your car be ready for any of the Trinity Touring Car events this year?