HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

One more ? Dtaylor! I noticed the caps are on the front wheels. I have heard of problems with the bearing caps not allowing the wheel caps to sit correct-any problems with yours???

Thanks Steve

I am using Cobra Mustang rotors up front. They mount between the wheel and hub. If there is a problem you could use a small spacer to give the cap a little room.

Guest Road Star
I just ordered there today, just have them in 4 weeks as they have to be made........rear 17x10.5 -19 offset front 17x10 -13 offset.

Jay

what kind of wheels ae these?

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to say, not much done since. Life got in the way. New job, new house with a complete remodel inside and out, has taken most of my time.

I still had the stock dash in there at the time of that photo. It has since been replaced by a modified version of this:

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?form_prod_id=106,54,363_764&action=product

Wired up with new autometer gauges.

One of these days I hope to get back to it... :(

Jeff

I hear you Jeff. I've had 2 kids, changed jobs, blah blah blah. My car has an abundance of dust on it as we speak.

I still love your car. Good luck and I hope you get back too it sooner than later.

Ran

I will get a picture of my new 15x9 with 5 1/2 inch bs weld draglites ,28x 9 mt slicks on tommorrow. raised sping perch 2 in and cut heavy springs 3in to try and make halfshafts level.ran them one time before lowering car (cut sprimgs) and did fine. second time after burnout enjoyed pushing car from line with clunk clunk of u joints. gotta love making things work just hate learning the hard way

I think the wheels that came on the car when I bought it look like poop when the car isn't moving, but when they are, they don't look that bad.

rolling.jpg

sorry for the out of focus photo... it was a quick shot and quick editing job.

For those of you who don't know, I am a huge wheel fan. Its fun for me anyway, kind of strange. Here is a set I got a while ago. Bought these 4 months or so ago, never got a chance to photo them. I am trying to get them signed by Peter Brock this weekend at a car show (cross your fingers right). Just one of them on the lip and I will be happy. I just wiped it down with a wet cloth, didn't reclear it or buff or anything. Thats for later if I ever get around to using these! 17x9.5" front and 17x11.5" rear offsets are something like -25 front and -45 rear. They are 3-piece and actually surprisingly light. Has over 7" of lip on the rear.

a-1.jpg

b-1.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

These aren't for everyone but I am running 345/30R19's on factory 08 Z06 wheels. Even with my 85 C4 suspension I had to get 3" wheel adapters made to use them. Probably way too much postive offset for most of you. I just did a quick mock up to see if they will work. The final flare will be a bit different design but you'll get the idea.

DSCF3245_thumb.JPG

• Like 1

I think the wheels that came on the car when I bought it look like poop when the car isn't moving, but when they are, they don't look that bad.

rolling.jpg

sorry for the out of focus photo... it was a quick shot and quick editing job.

Looks great! How did you take the photo?

Here is a set I got a while ago. Bought these 4 months or so ago, never got a chance to photo them. I am trying to get them signed by Peter Brock this weekend at a car show (cross your fingers right). Just one of them on the lip and I will be happy. I just wiped it down with a wet cloth, didn't reclear it or buff or anything. Thats for later if I ever get around to using these! 17x9.5" front and 17x11.5" rear offsets are something like -25 front and -45 rear. They are 3-piece and actually surprisingly light. Has over 7" of lip on the rear.

a-1.jpg

Rudy, my man, those Etoile wheels where the BOMB back in the 1980s!!!! Only for the rich back then--perfect for the look of pure "excess!" Nice! :2thumbs:

Davy

Rudy, my man, those Etoile wheels where the BOMB back in the 1980s!!!! Only for the rich back then--perfect for the look of pure "excess!" Nice! :2thumbs:

Davy

Heheh. :) Thanks! I really want John Morton or any BRE guys to sign them in Gold Sharpie this weekend. Crossing my fingers. They really are strangely light though. Its a bit disturbing. I would think them heavier. Apparently the rims are forged or something. I should get them on a scale.