HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

does the etoile wheel come in 5x114.3?

I believe they did, but they haven't been made since the late 80's or mid 90's or something. These are 4x114.3 though for a 240z. Thanks for the compliments.

I am eventually going to get the clear coat refinished on them since one of the wheels is a little corroded through the clear. Does anyone know what kind of place typically does that kind of work and does the wheel need to be taken apart? Thanks! :)

I got the wheels signed today by Peter Brock of BRE, Trevor Harris (BRE Chassis/Supension designer), Floyd Link (BRE engine builder), and Kirk Allegro (BRE mechanic)! Now I just need to find out how to repair the clear coat (I had them sign on undamaged areas). They are really great guys!

The 17x11.5" rear wheel only comes in at 20.75 lbs also which to me is quite light considering the size.

• 2 weeks later...
Got some 2 piece CCW's track wheels

17x9 5.5 BS with a 2.5in 2 piece wheel adapters

17x10 5 BS with a 3in 2 piece wheel adapters

245/35 17 BFG KDW's

255/40 17 BFG KDW's

Can't wait to put the wide body on!

Wow! you got a sticky outy one! :wink:

So if you never had those 3" adapters in there, do you think you would get away with ZG flares??

I believe they did, but they haven't been made since the late 80's or mid 90's or something. These are 4x114.3 though for a 240z. Thanks for the compliments.

I am eventually going to get the clear coat refinished on them since one of the wheels is a little corroded through the clear. Does anyone know what kind of place typically does that kind of work and does the wheel need to be taken apart? Thanks! :)

It doesn't really have to be taken apart, but you have a set of rare wheels there, and they're in good lick. if you were to refinish them, it'd be about 120 bucks a wheel for a complete tear down, but you probably won't get the exact finish you're looking for.

There's a place near here that does it for 100 a wheel. Not sure about paint though.

http://carconeswheelrefinishing.com/

245/35 17 BFG KDW's

255/40 17 BFG KDW's

Is it not possible to reduce the size of the adapters and get the tire/wheel combo to fit under the stock body work? How much room is on the insides?

I know another member fit 8.5 in front, and 9.5 in back, so I figure you could minimize your sticky outty to an inch and almost any regular flare would fit then...

245/35 17 BFG KDW's

255/40 17 BFG KDW's

The wheels actually would only be flush with the stock fenders if I hadn't went with the 3inchers!

I have about 2 inches clearence to the factory springs..

245/35 17 BFG KDW's

255/40 17 BFG KDW's

I'm assuming you're running 4x114.3-to-5x114.3 adapters, judging by the thickness. Regardless, I sure you got a steal on those wheels to run them with adapters. The big deal about CCW's is the small amount of money for a set of very nice custom wheels.

Is it not possible to reduce the size of the adapters and get the tire/wheel combo to fit under the stock body work? How much room is on the insides?

I know another member fit 8.5 in front, and 9.5 in back, so I figure you could minimize your sticky outty to an inch and almost any regular flare would fit then...

If your referring to my setup - I'm running 18's which allows a little wider rim than you can use with 17's. I think the widest 17" rear rim to fit under rolled rear fenders with no flares would be 9".