HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

Anyone have a set of 15X12 Watanabe's ( or anything besides your typical drag wheels) that are 5 lug that could tell me what the backspacing is. I need something with 4.5 inch backspacing and the standard 5 on 4.5 nissan pattern.

I'm considering wheels for the red car once its done and i want to maintain the old school look with over fenders and all but with much larger drag radials on the rear.

Anyone have a set of 15X12 Watanabe's ( or anything besides your typical drag wheels) that are 5 lug that could tell me what the backspacing is. I need something with 4.5 inch backspacing and the standard 5 on 4.5 nissan pattern.

Stoney, Not sure if your into knoffs or have seen these before but if your looking for Watanabe lookalikes in 15"x12 check out American racings Silverstone custom offset option (401-custom). http://www.americanracing.com/browse_vintage.asp

It appears that you can specify the bolt pattern and back spacing amoung other things on a custom order form. I suppose they then give you a price.

Im going back and forth between this optiion for the old school look vs. the 17" Rota rbr option.

# 383 shiro with 05 mustang gt california special 18" wheels..

paid 200 for them when a friend wrecked his mustang and used insurance money for new bling blings...

hopefully Ill have some 17x9 cobra wheels for the 77 soon

<a href=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5598/dsc00449is1.th.jpg' alt='dsc00449is1.th.jpg'>thpix.gif[/img]

The backspacing you need is 4.5", so I assume what you're really trying to find out is the offset for a 12" wide wheel with 4.5" of backspace. The centerpoint for a 12" wheel would be at 6.5", so you need to move this 2" towards the hub (in other words negative offset...out towards the wheel face would be positive offset). Offset is typically given in mm, so that means for a 12" wide wheel with 4.5" of backspace, you need a -51 offset.

I might be changing out my wheels to these.......

18x10 rear 295/35/18

18x9 front 275/35/18

zcar091.jpg

zcar081.jpg

I just borrowed these off of my brothers mustang for a test fitting and I know the tires were on the wrong side. If i use these wheels I would definitely need zg flares and either a larger spacer in the rear or coilovers.

more pics..... http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z15/onebadass280z/black%20wheels/

Kevin

I know Ive already posted tons of pics but Ill add one any way :)

These are my Konig Rewinds 15x7

verticle_IC_025.jpg

If these are Konig rewinds... why is there a Watanabe logo on the center caps?

If there ARE rewinds, I'd be interested in seeing more of your specs (offset, etc) cause I'm looking to get a set of wheels to fill out some ZG flares. If they're Wats.... well then I guess that's just out of my price range...