HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

Not quite in the same vein as the aftermarket wheels on here, but considering it is a wheel and some of you would like to see.....

15"x7, 0 offset, copies of the original Nissan Works Rallye wheel from the early 1970's, but scaled up to be 15" instead of 14". In Magnesium... painted with a polished lip.

DSCF0727_thumb.JPG

Not quite in the same vein as the aftermarket wheels on here, but considering it is a wheel and some of you would like to see.....

15"x7, 0 offset, copies of the original Nissan Works Rallye wheel from the early 1970's, but scaled up to be 15" instead of 14". In Magnesium... painted with a polished lip.

That is an awesome look. Too have an extremely limited, era correct style wheel is amazing even if it is a copy. Copying is the truest form of flattery and in 15x7 will make it a lot more useful. I have seen one other set that were made as direct copies of the originals in magnesium, no polished lip and were probably 5.5 inch wide like the originals "skinny". I don't think you will have to be concerned about seeing to many of those at a Z show. Did you have them made special for you? Or is someone producing them?

ok so who makes those. They look great and in 15" sounds like a good idea. Now if they could be had in 15x8 +10 or ZG fitments that would be even better.

Thanks for the interest guys! I stand corrected! :redface:Yup you guys are right, the +28's would have been better!

I had bought +17 all around but found they were sticking out too far in the front. I then ordered the +38's based on info that the 300zx 5 lug front hub's pushed the wheels out 3/4 inch. Well it turned out that I needed 10 more millimeters to space out the wheels just right! But by then I had already mounted the tires and couldn't exchange the wheels! I redrilled my MM rear stub axel to 5 lug. And yes the fenders are rolled and the only issue I have is the rear tires do rub ever so slightly on track use. But on the street NO rubbing!:icon46:

That car sits perfectly.:2thumbs:

I don't mean to copy your look but I'm seriously considering those wheels now. Are those the charcoal grey color?

Thanks 310z and NZeder.

We have a chap from the USA over here in the UK, who rallies a 240z (rather well) and he wanted his rally car to look as near to the original works rally car, so he commisioned a small production run of 14" and 15" copies. 14" for the "loose stuff" and the 15" more tarmac events. I was just lucky enough to be around to be offered a set (I brought 6) in the 15". From what I understand both small batches are spoken for. Only 20 were made in 15". The huge upfront cost of making this batch (and the two batches I know were made in Japan [in 14" only])means it could be a long time before another batch is made, if at all. These wheels were for sale on Ebay.com last month, but definately not cheap, but cheaper than the aluminium 14" copies(used)that are on Yahoo Japan at the moment for about £7000!! I am very pleased with the set I have, even more so now they are painted.

55 pages later and i get to play in the wheel show thread. yeah!!!

just picked up these really rare simmons wheels. 15x8.5 with a nice -19 offset. got it from mark at club4ag.com. i cant wait to get these mounted and balance even just to push my car around in the grage. lol. really was looking for ssr reverse meshes but couldnt pass these up.

SDC11860.jpg

SDC11865.jpg

SDC11866.jpg

SDC11868.jpg

4 inches of lip.

SDC11870.jpg

SDC11869.jpg

Edited by piston

heres my 75 280z with 15x9 center-lines with Yokohama tires.

photo5-2.jpg

i know you had a thread regarding tires for your centerlines but what size tires did you ended up going with? looks like a perfect stance fitment. not to fat/stretched etc.

Not much to look at but a good deal for $80. Anyone know what the brand is (seen alot of them on Z cars) and does anyone have a picture of them powder coated or anodized etc.

i think they are ARE Vectors. if i remember correctly, those are vector II's. vector I's have less fins. like i said, if i remember correctly.

Riken 16x7 0 offset - old school(ish)w 225 50 16 BUT still having problems. Yes the rears rub, per many many posts, but the front are much worse. (Eibach Pros and Tokico non-adjustable) Fronts rub/grind something awful. I am finally about to put some time/money/energy - primarily the 280zxt swap, but want to sort out this issue first. In lieu of cutting sheet metal off of the rear, i was thinking of replacing the 225/50s with 205/55s. But don't want to waste the $ if this alone will not solve the problem. Anytime i put on jack stands/a lift, the suspension is unloaded so testing the wheels at that point are a bit pointless. I have read about taking the springs off which should give suspension bottoming out, but thats an extensive amount of work. And i don't know how that might effect or help the front wheels turning lock to lock. While i could adjust the rear slightly - that still doesn't solve the front issue. Any other suggestions. (and yes i have search this forum for the last few days, but never got exactly the info i was looking for). Part of my concern is that i read on these same forums about people running this size or even 245/45 16's with little or in some cases no problems. Any thoughts would be helpful.

post-7601-12681854130693_thumb.jpg

post-7601-12681854475265_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to work out what wheels to put on my 260z 2+2. Borrowed a 17 x 7.5 Rota RB and a 16 inch Superlite.

Please note that the wheel is actually only on the back of the car, the front wheel has just been copied in Photoshop. The Superlite is pictured with the stock suspension height, the rota has been Photoshopped approximately 1 inch lower.

Here is the 17inch Rota

17_inch_rota_RB_1200.jpg

Here is the 16inch Superlite

16_inch_superlites_1200.jpg

Also the actual car has been Photoshopped to remove the rust, rear bumper, 1/4 panel emblem headlight bucket join and darkened the windows. Just trying to work out how I'm going to go with the rebuild :)