HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

I won't knock people who live for fake wheels, but don't you guys feel...well anything when someone with the real deal shows up next your fake, copy-cat, no shame from exploiting someone else's hard work and originality wheels? I just find it disgusting that a company like they can thrive off of BLATANT copies of great wheels other companies put a lot of money, research and manufacturing into, just to be copy and pasted for half the quality and half the price.

Anyways, the 532's are knock offs of Yuta's old black Hayashi's.

Edited by LoneStarS30Z

Out of the three new XXR's I like the look of the 532's but they could have made improvements to it's look when it was under design. For one thing they could have just copied the ATS Classic, Work Ewing III or the HRE 505 which all look better or even kept the current design and improved the way it looks in the center. The first thing I thought when looking at the wheel was: "Wow they finally made a 5 spoke wheel that looks vintage, but why does the center of the wheel not look right?" After looking at them for some time, I concluded that I did not like the flat center part of the wheel nor do I care for the 8 hole design. I may be the only one here but I find the 531's a little busy looking and the 530's with their spokes hanging almost outside of the wheel just look ridiculous.

Edited by lorenzo

I won't knock people who live for fake wheels, but don't you guys feel...well anything when someone with the real deal shows up next your fake, copy-cat, no shame from exploiting someone else's hard work and originality wheels? I just find it disgusting that a company like they can thrive off of BLATANT copies of great wheels other companies put a lot of money, research and manufacturing into, just to be copy and pasted for half the quality and half the price.

No, I don't feel anything. So I'll take my $400 XXR wheels over SSRs any day. Now if I could find SSRs I liked within my budget, then I would ****** them up. I just give wheels a low budget because I don't care that much on how authentic they are. I'd rather spend the money I save on a nice turbo.

Some people seem obsessed about what wheels are on what car. As long as it doesn't look incredibly retarded, I don't care. I like flooring it not looking at wheels.

Nope, having owned multiple sets of Yokohama wheels, work wheels, and rays wheels I feel I can confidently say that I have no issues with my Rotas.

• 2 weeks later...

High $$$ Wheels are like the little alligators and horseys on shirts. The folks who claim that the ""REAL"" wheels are better need to go back to prep school. Your wheels might cost more but my car is definitely FASTER!

If you ever owned a set of 3-piece wheels you would understand that THEY LEAK! 3 piece wheels have a purpose in racing when a team has multiple sets with extra shells to change offsets and widths for different tracks and series. The race team also has lackeys to deal with all the frigging little fasteners and scrape all that silicone off the surfaces every night.

I have been there and done that ****. 3 piece wheels are for RACING ONLY!

Thatsmeonthebalancer.jpg

Moneyshot.jpg

Edited by bjhines

I disagree with your post and find it dis-respectful and "harsh". Personally, I do not "live" for fake wheels per-se and if you know me and my cars, I have no problem spending $$$ on them. Granted I have RB-Rs on my ZX, they look great, fit well and were priced right, finding an aggressive offset \ fitment in a 17-in size, without spacers \ adapters in a 4x114.3mm is near impossible. I was not ready to spend $4000 on a set of custom made HREs which would have been my first preference but as I have aged a little I am watching spending money hap-hazardly on these "luxury" items. Companies like Rota or XXR are profting because many wheel manufacturers have stopped making the offset and PCD specs for our cars as demand have drastically decreased, heck even BBS offered a fitment for Datsuns in the late 70s right through to the '80s. You might be disgusted, but I am loving it...and so is everyone that sees my car...

6157426145_e2a595a4f2_b.jpg

Yasin

Don't fight, boys. Let's just have fun with our toys. I have 5 sets of wheels and I change them around just for fun when ever I feel like it. I hate going to a show or looking thru a magazine where all the cars look the same-I have a lot of fun seeing all the ways people can take the same ingredients and bake a totally different cake. To each his own.

Good old widened steelies tickle my fancy.

15x10 -15 all around.

What tires?

Sourcing wide plain steel wheels now, but at least just by reference to "tirerack.com" it is tough finding good price and selection in 15 or 16 tires. 17 has lots of choices. Future won't be any better?

Better source than Tirerack?

Havent seen a thread that has a bunch of people posting pics of there aftermarket wheels. so post pics of your aftermarket wheels along with specs (make, size, offset, etc..) pleaseeeeee put specs in i hate seeing good looking wheels and not being able to identify them

Not sure if I ever posted the pics of the volk te37v wheels or not. 15x10 with 4" backspacing and toyo r888 235/50/15 all the way around. I know I was doing some work and the front tires need to get swapped, they are on the wrong side. oops, tgried to edit and ended up with 2 posts

post-5199-053660300 1322438755_thumb.jpg

post-5199-091944500 1322438770_thumb.jpg

post-5199-067281200 1322438794_thumb.jpg

Edited by coolbeans