HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

320 per wheel from centerline (called yesterday) so that makes sense to me. I have don't know if racing lab is legit, has anyone else tried them? I will either be going with xxr 527 16s or the Rota Rb-R rims in 17s. I just want to make sure they will get here in time. Do the RB-r rims from racing lab fit without suspension mods? I am using stock suspension right now.

... I just want to make sure they will get here in time. Do the RB-r rims from racing lab fit without suspension mods? I am using stock suspension right now.

I picked mine up at RacingLab's store in Hayward, Ca., so I can't speak about shipping. Owner was very helpful and seemed genuinely interested in providing good fast service.

My RB's are 17x9 up front and 17x9.5 rear... both with 4.5" backspace ( My Stagger Package link). They cleared the stock 260 suspension both front and rear... before and after I sectioned the front struts.

I picked mine up at RacingLab's store in Hayward, Ca., so I can't speak about shipping. Owner was very helpful and seemed genuinely interested in providing good fast service.

My RB's are 17x9 up front and 17x9.5 rear... both with 4.5" backspace ( My Stagger Package link). They cleared the stock 260 suspension both front and rear... before and after I sectioned the front struts.

Isn't that the same rims from the group buy?

Complete Custom Wheel (CCW) also has some nice wheels. They are in the low-high $2000 range, which is a pretty good price imo.

Some of that stuff based on how much the metal is worth and how little time it takes to enter things in a cnc program to make them. 2000 is not worth buy a set of rims. 1000 is about what 17s are worth to me. Any more is balogna.

Some of that stuff based on how much the metal is worth and how little time it takes to enter things in a cnc program to make them. 2000 is not worth buy a set of rims. 1000 is about what 17s are worth to me. Any more is balogna.

If that's all they are worth to you, then by all means. I much prefer stronger, lighter wheels with a brand of higher quality control (This is assuming we are comparing modern, new wheels, if you can find a set of high end wheels for 1k or less in good condition thats awesome).

If that's all they are worth to you, then by all means. I much prefer stronger, lighter wheels with a brand of higher quality control (This is assuming we are comparing modern, new wheels, if you can find a set of high end wheels for 1k or less in good condition thats awesome).

Good parts are not always expensive brand name, jegs heads are currently afr.

sstp_1005_59_o+parts_guide_retro_rides+racing_te37v.jpg

on the Rocky Auto carbon Z...

modp_1012_02_o+1974_nissan_fairlady_z+front_left_side_view1.jpg

modp_1012_03_o+1974_nissan_fairlady_z+rear_view.jpg

I dream to have a set of these in the near future. Volk TE37v (v is for vintage). Although with them costing around $2400, I don't know when that near future will be :(

Edited by 280Dan

I dream to have a set of these in the near future. Volk TE37v (v is for vintage). Although with them costing around $2400, I don't know when that near future will be :(

John and Jane doe would probably not know the difference if you got these Rota's @ $600 for the SET! post-9483-030385400 1332520316_thumb.jpg

sstp_1005_59_o+parts_guide_retro_rides+racing_te37v.jpg

on the Rocky Auto carbon Z...

modp_1012_02_o+1974_nissan_fairlady_z+front_left_side_view1.jpg

modp_1012_03_o+1974_nissan_fairlady_z+rear_view.jpg

what bumper is that?

• 2 weeks later...

Ooohhh Wheel show... I'll play!

They're CCWs in 18X10 (19 pounds) and 18X11.5 (20.5 pounds). LM20 Series.

Enjoy!

Mike

How did you fit 11.5s? Are those the bamf cf flares? They look like the msa ones. i have 17x10.5 on there right now and i have about 1/4 inch of room between the tire and the inner fender so i couldnt possible have any better backspacing. I called John the other day and he is gonna send me some 3.5" lips so they will be 17x11. I think this will completely fill the gap, but if im wrong i would like to know before he sends them out. Do you have any pics of the rear fender flare vs rim width?

BTW I love your gas cap, send pics of that too.

It's in my build thread... That said, there's about 4 inches of rear sheetmetal GONE from the fender in the rear, and I'm now using a combo of the Zforce Carbon flares and 400# springs. They fit very well though... Basically I trimmed and welded all the metal around the "inner fender all the way to the horizontal flat sectiona t the top of the inner fender sheet metal. Took me about 6 hours start to finish!

Here is a pic or two of just how much cutting went on...

865167d2.jpg

11122e26.jpg

Mike

How did you fit 11.5s? Are those the bamf cf flares? They look like the msa ones. i have 17x10.5 on there right now and i have about 1/4 inch of room between the tire and the inner fender so i couldnt possible have any better backspacing. I called John the other day and he is gonna send me some 3.5" lips so they will be 17x11. I think this will completely fill the gap, but if im wrong i would like to know before he sends them out. Do you have any pics of the rear fender flare vs rim width?

BTW I love your gas cap, send pics of that too.

Edited by Mikelly