Setback 2JZ

JustinOlson

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think its a little overkill to move the engine back that much IMO. and just more fab work and delay time. i know someone who has the whole firewall(240z) removed and made a new one set back 5-6 inches redrilled holes to use different booster and master cylinders. the car is however all tubed out. i know it makes it more of a center engine vehicle but does it actually make that much of a difference???

No, this is question of the week: How do you plan to change the rear spark plugs...

Probably a removable panel on the inside...

Anyway, do you have any photos inside the car? Will you be redoing the inside of the passenger's side to accomodate the downpipe, or will the turbo be relocated?

Very interesting idea :2thumbs:

-Mike

I'm going to retain both the current intake manifold and exhaust manifold. My Borg Warner S366 should be arriving shortly. I will be test fitting the turbo prior to sending the head of for porting. There will be removable access panels in the interior to work on the back side of the engine without pulling it. The down pipe will come down and go down the middle of the trans tunnel right above the transmission. I will need to insulate it with exhaust wrap to keep the interior temps reasonable. I'll go over to the shop tomorrow after school to get some additional pictures.

Regards,

Justin