HybridZ

Quad-State meet #2 (NY-NJ-PA-CT)

EvilC

Hey Clyde, just letting you know i received your invite. For now i'm going to play it by ear. The car has been on its best behavior lately but she does still have 250lb/375lb springs. Shes loud, stinky, obnoxious, and not a nice car to be in for long periods of time. But I will see what sept brings and stay posted. Thanks for the call, and the email.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses man, I am running 448lb springs and an open header and I will probably show up, haha.

I feel no need to make excuses. My personal preference is to enjoy driving my car locally. Maybe your stink and noise tolerance is higher then mine or maybe you enjoy being launched an inch out of your seat when hitting short elevations at highway speeds?

Sr-FairladyZ aka J....thanks for posting in the thread. I really do hope you make it out and I know what you mean about not liking to be in a car for long trips. I would love to see the sr20 swap in person.

Will I hope you are able to make it out again... I didn't know you liked old maximas...I have a 84 silver that I plan to use for my winter beater.

Sr-FairladyZ,

I also have to see that SR powered Z in person! What is the longest distance you'd take it?

Joe

Ha, its not much to see, literally. There is about 2ft of open space in front of the engine. It basically sits with the cam gears a couple inches behind the centerline of the strut towers. With the placement and the total engine/trans weight of 750lbs (all aluminum) it really feels like a different car. There is very little consequence when snapping the wheel around and also little oversteer when your wheels are spinning. It just feels very balanced in other words.

The furthest I've taken the car is about 40 miles I think, and only on roads I know. I plan to take her to Englishtown Raceway park in the not so distant future to get some #'s (1/4mi and weight) under my belt. We should all meet up there one day. Hang and legally drag, sounds like a time.

I feel no need to make excuses. My personal preference is to enjoy driving my car locally. Maybe your stink and noise tolerance is higher then mine or maybe you enjoy being launched an inch out of your seat when hitting short elevations at highway speeds?

I was just playin around man. I completely understand not wanting to make trips in a stinky, stiff car. I just wanna see you and your car at the meet.

I was just playin around man. I completely understand not wanting to make trips in a stinky, stiff car. I just wanna see you and your car at the meet.

Sorry dude, I just took it the wrong way, and having coilovers just pisses me off sometimes, but I had no choice with my new weight configuration. Your right over the bridge from me, we should meet up for sure one day.

I just took off work the entire week before the meet to do a last chance push to drive mine there.

I can't do any location where we aren't within 50 ft of the cars at all times. I have no top, and no plans for any type of anti theft by the time of the meet. I'd love to make a few runs with the car at E-town though.

How would the setup work for a group of us going there?

How are the pits setup there? Could we all still park in a group between runs?

TeamNissan, How's your car coming? I saw the project thread, paint looks good. Think you're gonna make it?

How would the setup work for a group of us going there?

How are the pits setup there? Could we all still park in a group between runs?

Welp, It would have to be a Weds or Fri evening Test and Tune night. gates open at 5pm and they usually let you toast around until 10:30pm. If your racing you usually run the 1/4 then circle back online and hang out with your car. It's a pretty fast paced automated thing. If you only want to run the car once or twice you can do that and then just park in the same area and still talk to the guys online racing. I havent been there on a test & tune in a couple years, not sure how packed it gets anymore. Anyone know?

More details here http://racewaypark.com/