HybridZ

Great doner parts cars for Z mods

Careless

Your glass is CURVED, I believe that those are intended for STRAIGHT glass only [like street rods]....

I noticed that. But i dont think it will make a difference being that the part im hooking it to (bottom of the window is flat). Plus there isnt that much movement really. Also I would modify some of the datsun track to keep it "in line". Might be worth a shot. Im willing to try.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Well, i ordered some front camery window regs so I guess I will do the write up.

Looking forward to it! I've planned on doing the spal kit for a while now, but if your install goes smoothly I might just have to go this route. :2thumbs: Please include the years/trims and Part #'s so it doesn't end up cluttered like half the threads out there (most of the posts asking and speculating what exact part they need to get)!!

Well some not so grand news.

I got the passenger side close, but i cant get my window to ride on the rails right. It was hard as hell to roll down on the oem regulator. I have put about 20+ hours into making the damn thing roll up and down good, but no luck. So i put the camery one in there hopping my oem was was bent but it jambs too. I might try the drivers side one, not sure yet. It does roll up and down about the upper 1/2 pretty good. But the 240z windows suck anyway. Im pissed off and tired, more later.

Ok i give up. You guys with 260 and 280s could make them work but the 240 has **** windows to begin with.

I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. I was looking forward to seeing the finalized procedure. sad.gif

Are the 240 windows a lot different than my 260? I am considering buying a couple of doors, along with the Camery regulators, at the local Pick N Pull, to chop up and experiment with. But I have a few higher priorities before I can start this.

They have different tracks im sure it would be alot easier on 260/280s. I got the drivers side one in there for the most part. getting it in there isnt a big deal I had it mounted in about an hour, thats pulling the old one out and all that crap. The pain is trying to bend the rail right. I took the front most rail out and bent it to that but that didnt work for crap. After about 9 hours of monkeying with it i think i have it relatively close. Probably be easier with an english wheel or something.

Dont count on a write up as i pretty much winged it. The drivers side works much better, I have a new rail and frame coming for the passenger side one. I will post more pics after the holiday.

Thanks for forging ahead into the unknown on this. A picture says a thousand words... your video says ten times more.

How does the wiring work? Is there some kind of controller or do the motors cycle themselves when you hit the switch?

K5 camery FRONT window regs. Vin 4T1SK12E9PU307800 Year-1993. Need the Front Left and Front right.

I got the passenger side done today. That was much easier than the drivers side. The passenger side doesnt have motor clearance issues with the window frame like the drivers side so it can mount like the pics i will post will show. Bare with me and i will take pics and do a small little write up. Its not going to be a good right up because I winged it but i can at least take measurements and give you guys a decent starting point. Again everything about the 240z makes this harder, I think later 260z and 280z will be much easier. Stay tuned.

Edited by ZT-R

• 1 month later...