HybridZ

New dyno numbers are in....

Booztd 3

Guys

I got a chance to get on the dyno last night. Power numbers were about right what I was estimating, I am happy and the car feels strong.

The following chart was a pull done on 93 octane gas, and 18psi

555rwhp_18psi.jpg

A/F was a solid 11.5 all the way across to redline (after i fixed the rich dip @ 5700)

After doing this pull, we let the car cool for about 30 mins, and ran again, it made ~560rwhp. I then drained the gas out and we put 5 gallons of 112 Torco in. I made a few passes and checked the fuel and adjusted accordingly.

The following chart was done on 112 Torco and 20psi.

597rwhp_20psi.jpg

I could have probably made a decent amount more power at the same boost level by throwing some more timing at the setup, however after we got the fuel curve moderatly straightened out, it was already past midnight and I still had to get the car off the dyno, fuel up, food, a hour and a half drive home, and work at 7AM!

I am planning on heading back in the next few weeks to see if we can try and coax 650-700 out of it. Cant wait!

Nice numbers. Interesting the HP increase was almost twice the torque increase with just changing to 112 octane fuel. I guess I would have expected a more level increase across the two.

The increase would have been much greater if I had given the car more timing, which is one of the huge differences of race gas....

For the others, I am running a GT42-74mm

Honestly that is pretty good spool for a GT4202 with 1.28 a/r.

Are you planning on reving the car higher while racing?

I'm thinking of trying the gt4202 1.15 a/r for my 2jzge motor.

Justin

Probably not much higher than 8k. I noticed on the dyno last night when I was running the car that once the engine picked up in revs/power the oil pressure was dropping at a high rate of speed. I am unsure if its the sensor thats acting funny, or if its actually correct. I know the nautre of the rb26 is to pool alot of oil in the head. I have done the tomei restrictor in the head, but that is the only mod I have done so far.....

• 2 weeks later...
I know the nautre of the rb26 is to pool alot of oil in the head. I have done the tomei restrictor in the head, but that is the only mod I have done so far.....

This was new to me. What is the Tomei Restrictor thing?

I think I broke a piston in my RB20, but when I put it on boost,

and drive it hard, too much oil gets in my catch tank.

I will repair my engine, but that restrictor sounds interesting,

do you have more info on it?

This was new to me. What is the Tomei Restrictor thing?

I think I broke a piston in my RB20, but when I put it on boost,

and drive it hard, too much oil gets in my catch tank.

I will repair my engine, but that restrictor sounds interesting,

do you have more info on it?

Go to freshalloy.com and look in the GTR forums. Do a search on oil and restricter and it should return alot of results regarding this topic. Theres alot for me to explain there, lol