HybridZ

Identifying Bolt

Are these 3 piece wheels? If so, I would use what the manufacturer reccomends. If these hold the shell to the center section or hold the halfs together, you don't want to use cheap hardware.

Buy the tool. You will be glad you did.

These are two peice wheels, they dont affect holding air but they just hold the center to the out part of the rim. I bought a Torx socket that works. Its not a perfect fit but its extremely close. I think its actually some other type of fastener they may not be used in this country?

I plan on using the best hardware I can but I will definately need new washers and nuts. The main reason Im taking them out is because the nuts/washer are so coroded seeing as there not stainless. What kind of coating should be used on the new nuts I buy. I remember somone saying something about not using stainless washers on aluminum because when they are mixed they corode very quickly? I want something that will never rust again. The bolt itself is stainless so they could probably be used again.

thanks for the help

rob

Its a reverse torx but if you dont buy a shallow reverse torx it will slip very easy. If you shave off the end of the socket so that it is flush with where the torx part begins in the socket it will fit a lot better. I had that same problem with the altima's at work, they use those for the flexplate to crankshaft bolts! I cut my $20 snap on socket down flush and it works 100% better now.

Guy