HybridZ

vh series intake and exhaust manifold design...

OlderThanMe

this is why I am glad I already have one.... LOL.... But I am tempted to spend the extra cash and chip for a Quaf LSD.

Now back to the harmonic balancers and timing chain on my engine.... took all the bolts and screws out on monday..... havent touched it since. LOL I am LAZY.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I have a friend with free access to a CNC mill for some smaller stuff. (only 3 axis I think?)

Don't ask...I'm not going into production now.

I'll be finishing up my intake design and hopefully have it made up soon. I'm going to make up my own ITB design from scratch.

I'll put the cylinder heads back on the block and take some final measurements before finishing up the design.

Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey OTM,thats nifty.I'll take 8 please...

Hmm... Production run?

You should be able to mount the 45mm Extrudabody ITB's on top of these runners. I just have to get my set done first and make sure everything is kosher. Of course with CNC milled parts prices can get unhappy pretty quick.

• 1 month later...
ITB's can be a benefit for any motor.

I have no doubt they can be, though I would venture to challenge almost anyone here to a design contest. You design a ITB and I will design a single or dual TB intake and we'll compare the power made through each. I may not win, but I will be close enough that we can compare price tags to judge whether or not a couple hp is worth the cost.But that's beside my point, it would seem to me that in a forced induction motor, be it by a belt-driven supercharger or turbine-driven supercharger, an ITB intake system would lose some of it's 'edge.'Just my opinion though, they still look awesome.

The main problem with 321 stainless here in the US is that it is about the same price as gold.

HAHAAH Thats true, but I think you will have a hard time finding any 304 in thicker than .065, unless you use weld els

BTW a cracked 304 manifold will cost more than a good 321 one:grin:

MONZTER

HAHAAH Thats true, but I think you will have a hard time finding any 304 in thicker than .065, unless you use weld els

BTW a cracked 304 manifold will cost more than a good 321 one:grin:

MONZTER

I'll pull out the pan and hit the creeks in the morning. :-D

J/K.

You do make a good point there MONZTER. And I was looking at ~.10" weld els.

I'll pull out the pan and hit the creeks in the morning. :-D

J/K.

You do make a good point there MONZTER. And I was looking at ~.10" weld els.

I think the .100 weld els would do it with out a problem, there just heavy and not many options for a bend radius. I have seen some great looking manifolds made from els.

MONZTER

I have no doubt they can be, though I would venture to challenge almost anyone here to a design contest. You design a ITB and I will design a single or dual TB intake and we'll compare the power made through each. I may not win, but I will be close enough that we can compare price tags to judge whether or not a couple hp is worth the cost.But that's beside my point, it would seem to me that in a forced induction motor, be it by a belt-driven supercharger or turbine-driven supercharger, an ITB intake system would lose some of it's 'edge.'Just my opinion though, they still look awesome.

LOL, no doubt. I would win any contest for maximum performance per dollar; just leave the car stock! :-) I am sure it's mostly because he wants to use ITB's, of course.

whats wrong with doing the in-line lower intake on the vh, like the blue dett vh 240z, just need 2 sets of stock parts!!!!

why bother with custom machined items when the stockers are ideal???

just clean up the casting flashing and youre 98% ther to what has been drawn in solid works!!!!

my 26.3 c worth, what can i say its been a while.

nat0

whats wrong with doing the in-line lower intake on the vh, like the blue dett vh 240z, just need 2 sets of stock parts!!!!

why bother with custom machined items when the stockers are ideal???

just clean up the casting flashing and youre 98% ther to what has been drawn in solid works!!!!

my 26.3 c worth, what can i say its been a while.

nat0

I have all of the parts to put that setup together, and have assembled it on the engine once.

m127425269.jpg

m127425540.jpg

Mind you that its not 100% bolt on but you have to grind some tabs off of the runners for it to fit but other than that it is easy.

thats it!!!!

and you have them the right way so that the the inj are shooting straight down its throat!!!

also need to take a small amount off the outer curve as it fouls o so slightly!! but the casting are almost 5mm thick. yikes!!!!!! plenty of room to port!!!

also there is heaps of casting flashing on the inside to, plenty to clean up.

also note the injectors are inline too!!!

yaa

nat0

• 1 month later...