HybridZ

vh series intake and exhaust manifold design...

OlderThanMe

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

That looks awesome. I think I saw that on a another site. Some guy who's goal is to run 9 flat in the 1/4. I LOVE the design as well. His entire setup nearly brought a tear to my eye. The intercoolers are pretty sweet too.

I'd love to have this setup. The z32 has a bit less room under the hood from the looks of it, but I'd love to fab those intake plenums. I wonder how they're made inside... Whether they're just hallow, or if they've got a special setup for the airflow. I was thinking something very similar, except, instead of the dual throttle bodies, ITBs under the plenums, obviously no throttle bodies at the front on them, and using to large air filters in front of the turbos.

Either way, a very cool design.

• 1 month later...

The driver's side plenum sits a little further back because the ITBs below them are set back a little. I believe I read that those plenums are made out of aluminum. The website I found these on didn't say much about them, though. The site is http://www.zparts.com/showcase/engines/pages/q45v8z-testfit.html

I assume that they're quite simple in design. The only reason they're there is to make sure the ITBs get the forced induction air. No special guilds or runners would be necessary inside since the ITBs have their own trumpets and runners.

I've seen people do the exact same thing with simple aluminum air-tank-like cylinders.

The driver's side plenum sits a little further back because the ITBs below them are set back a little. I believe I read that those plenums are made out of aluminum. The website I found these on didn't say much about them, though. The site is http://www.zparts.com/showcase/engines/pages/q45v8z-testfit.html

I assume that they're quite simple in design. The only reason they're there is to make sure the ITBs get the forced induction air. No special guilds or runners would be necessary inside since the ITBs have their own trumpets and runners.

I've seen people do the exact same thing with simple aluminum air-tank-like cylinders.

ITB's?.... That thing clearly has a pair of throttle bodies on it in the normal location. Are you saying they fabbed their own lower plenum pieces?

Hmm all this talk about intake and exhaust, and I start cooking up some ideas of my own. Anyone know if you can put a right hand head on the left and vice versa? If you could run the exhaust on top of the engine it would be easy to run 180* headers :D. Might have to make some firewall mods, and keep a fire extinguisher handy when your hood catches on fire, lol. However I believe you can do this on the Cadillac Norstar engines. Anyone try to do this yet?