HybridZ

Intake/Air Filter for Triple Mikunis?

Doc Hawk

Wow I've seen a lot of intake air filtration systems in my day (maybe not as much as some) I would strongly recommend that if you don't want to use the individual oval cleaners to use a plenum system (like what SKiddell is pedeling) and get a good aftermarket round filter from Summit or Jegs. They are supper cheap at about $26.69 (or so). Search Cone filter. Then mount that bad boy on the end or make a SS pipe and run it out the front and mount the cone on that. Simple easy and a cold air induction kit to boot.

If you can weld aluminium you could fab one up in a few hours, simple square box should be fine for the garage monkey...

SKiddell I may be intersted in one it the price is right, the Dollar is weak right now so may not be the best time for me.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Doc Hawk did you ever get these to fit your Mikunis'? If so what part numbers did you install? Thanks Dave.

Superdan, I like those a lot. What part # did you buy? I have written them for info; I'd like to see a diagram that shows the mounting points so I can figure out if they would bolt up to my Mikunis, behind the horns. It seems like a 6" assembly would clear my fender well, and provide plenty of headspace for the stacks.

Thanks for the link!

David

• 5 months later...
  • 9 years later...
On 8/26/2007 at 6:17 PM, SKiddell said:

You could get one of these

DSC00823.JPG

I supply them (I own the molds and a collegue/friend makes them) to guys in the UK.

Full carbon fibre (or glass if required) colours possible.

comes with 6 x stainless over centre clips and lip seal

Can be connected direct to 80mm cold air feed or cone filter.

Hi,

I've got triple Mikuni 44s/Harada manifold assembly on the way, for my L24 240Z. I'm looking for an airbox... can you still supply these?

Best, Chris

Edited by Chris Smith

18 hours ago, Chris Smith said:

Hi,

I've got triple Mikuni 44s/Harada manifold assembly on the way, for my L24 240Z. I'm looking for an airbox... can you still supply these?

Best, Chris

I have this one . I made it myself for my set up since there were no options . I wanted cold/ clean  air for my carbs . Not everyone’s taste, but I thought it was cool. I got lots of compliments for it . I would sell it because I’d love  to see someone use it . PM me . I ran air horns inside the box 

68ED904F-43EF-4A14-8732-B31C2437E227.jpeg

B910B952-7E14-4690-8C24-33AA7A077F1B.jpeg