HybridZ

Weird Words / Sayings

CArFAn

There are somethings i just dont get and wonder if any one has anything that they have herd but couldnt ever figure out just wtf the person were talking about.

one for me is this one

"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith"

- Albert Einstein

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might remember this from Shrek 3. (pinochio)

"Well, uhh, I don’t know where he’s NOT. It wouldn’t be inaccurate to assume that I couldn’t exactly not say that it is or isn’t almost partially incorrect. " "On the contrary. I possibly more or less not definitely rejected the idea in no way with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably do or do not know where he shouldn’t probably be. If that indeed wasn’t where he isn’t. Even if he wasn’t where I knew he was…"

I was lost after the first sentence...

My dad used to say " I know you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I don't think you realize what you heard was not what I meant"

Makes me wonder if your dad knew my dad.. heh heh.. I have an old poster (actually hanging on my fridge right now!) that my dad had from years ago... that is that exact quote!

As far as weired words are concerned, I think "cwm" is the strangest. It's a noun and it's definition is "a valley as formed by glaciers..." I think "cwms" is one of the longest English words with no vowels. I have heard someone (my brother?) use "cwmcy" in a sentence as in describing a "non-corporeal cwmcy." I think I was smarter back then and understood it all :mrgreen:

Davy

Here is another from an old song. Each of the letters is actually a word (like an abbreviation)...see if you can make sense of it:

I M S I M, F I M L I C. F U R L I C, I M S U R.

No, it's not dirty, but it is philosophical. Any guesses? It's easier than you think.

Davy

Here is another from an old song. Each of the letters is actually a word (like an abbreviation)...see if you can make sense of it:

No, it's not dirty, but it is philosophical. Any guesses? It's easier than you think.

Davy

Half assed guess.

I am as I am, if I'm like?. ???..???, I am as you are?

Here is a saying my old english teacher often used:

"You are definitely not without a lack of talent."

Davy

"I am as I am, If I am ill I see. If you are ill I see, I am as you are."

My best guess.

One of my favorites, from the master spinster Donald Rumsfeld:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

Sad thing is the logic isn't flawed but it looks ridiculous!

- Greg -

"I am as I am, If I am ill I see. If you are ill I see, I am as you are."

My best guess.

You are the closest! "I am as I am, if I am all I see, but if you are all I see, I see I am as you are."

Warren's redneck version of something similar is great!!

Davy

EDIT: I did screw up the original post above, but my translation is fairly close--but just substitute the appropriate letter for the appropriate word. Excellent guesses guys!

There are somethings i just dont get and wonder if any one has anything that they have herd but couldnt ever figure out just wtf the person were talking about.

one for me is this one

"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith"

- Albert Einstein

Had Albert known everything he tried to figure out, he would have held the key to everything.

You are the closest! "I am as I am, if I am all I see, but if you are all I see, I see I am as you are."

Warren's redneck version of something similar is great!!

Davy

EDIT: I did screw up the original post above, but my translation is fairly close--but just substitute the appropriate letter for the appropriate word. Excellent guesses guys!

remove that "I See", and the "but", and it's correct.

I think naviathan got it right.