HybridZ

so the wide body starts (zx)

rdsk8ter

got my wide body last night I on ly had about an hour so by the time i drooled and took the pics this is as far as i got hope to have them on this weekend if all goes good also thats not rust on the back just my first attempt at fiberglass lol i really need to fix that lol

zx001.jpg

zx004.jpg

thinking ill bond the sides to the back something like this

zx005.jpg

zx003.jpg

not all the way fit yet but it is a start dont know if ill use the front wide body and i think im going to fill the void by the door t dont really like it. let me know what you all think more to come

most of my old fender will be cut and patched i dont plan on cutting it away im sure you could but i see huge rust problems if that goes open. as far as bonding it i am going to glass it on and use some kind of adhesive in the back but theres not many places to grab beings its wider then the fenders now i get to shave the rear again lol

The wide fenders look good. The big problem I see is what do you plan to do with the back to make it look complete with that wide body? I know you don't want to hear this but you will have to cut the bottom of the 1/4 fenders off. You can cut the outter skin and then fold the inner skin over the outter one and weld it shut. After installing the wider fender you will need to completely seal the gap between the old fender to the newer one to prevent rusts. GL.

The wide fenders look good. The big problem I see is what do you plan to do with the back to make it look complete with that wide body? I know you don't want to hear this but you will have to cut the bottom of the 1/4 fenders off. You can cut the outter skin and then fold the inner skin over the outter one and weld it shut. After installing the wider fender you will need to completely seal the gap between the old fender to the newer one to prevent rusts. GL.
already planned this out im going to fold th inner fender to make a flat tray on the rear i havent had time lately but hope to get r goin soon

:iagree:He's right I'm afraid. Also, look into bonding the pc. to the car using SMC glue. It's kinda expensive but not really for what it does. A little goes a long way. You can get it in cans or in tubes like caulk. SMC is what they glue all the panels on cars like the corvette with. It will stop the

tendency for the fiberglass work you do to crack and separate later down the road. It’ gonna look GREAT!