HybridZ

Project unnatural aspiration Part 2

stony

IMO the more sophisticated the setup the harder it is to drive cosistently if your going to be a winner since there is no room for error during the brief launch and WOT period. Lots to think about getting right and the rush of the acceleration becomes and addiction.

My 2nd time out in the car with the TH400 setup was a nightmare, I was at the PINKS ALL OUT in St Louis and there was ~20,000 people in the stands.....I looked like a jackass, lol

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well here's an update for ya.

We played with wheelie bars to see how it would effect the 60 foot times and overall performance. It seemed to like the wheelie bars up better then down. The bigger the wheelie the better the times. Here is the best of the day!!!!

Before this run we were running 9.30's all day then we decided it was time to get into the timing and fuel. That made a huge difference. Here is the next to last run of the day. It was getting pretty windy and it kida rocked in the air but came down straight and hauled ass down the track.

th_910.jpg

Then we took a turn for the worse. We decided to tweak it a tad more and see if we could get it into the 8s.

Well it was still windy and well yo0u won’t see much here but here it is.

th_hitthewall.jpg

Yea it hit the wall..... Bent the RT rear wheel is the only thing that kept me from going some more... oh well. Now im off to Utah in December to try and finish the red car.

No doubt in my mind you would've had and 8, if it wasn't for the the drama...

So, how does it feel jumping from the high 10 second ride to a low9-high 8 second ride!!

Watching your vids has me motivated to get mine back together. Appreciate the updates and the vids Clint!!

Mike

We made a small change in the midrange on the map on that run that obviously worked. the car launched harder then it had yet and when it went back in the wheelie bars it bottomed the right bar first which unloaded the right wheel making the car turn right in the air. The 30 MPH wind in that direction didn't help.

I have heard many people say that drag racing is boring and requires no skill. I know different and I am sure that that was a handfull to drive just then. The faster the car the harder it is to drive. Good job stony keeping the greasy side down. Looks like it could have been alot worse.

I felt something funny the run before. it kind of tweaked alittle but came back down straight. the last run had allot more powerful launch and it hit the wheelie bars harder. I'm pretty sure it was the right wheelie bar because it was slightly lower then the other causing it to bottom out first. live and learn like they say. i had the wheelie bars on for safety and they were more then likely the Casie. Oh well.

Well atleast it happened to the black car and not the red one

I felt something funny the run before. it kind of tweaked alittle but came back down straight. the last run had allot more powerful launch and it hit the wheelie bars harder. I'm pretty sure it was the right wheelie bar because it was slightly lower then the other causing it to bottom out first. live and learn like they say. i had the wheelie bars on for safety and they were more then likely the Casie. Oh well.

Well atleast it happened to the black car and not the red one

That is why I won't build another ladder bar car. The IC is fixed and with the 4 link you can adjust it so that doesn't happen. 9.90's here is like 8.80's there and the wheelies here are just too much IMO for me to drive consistently I can't imagine what they would be like at sea level. Neat to watch though! :lmao:

Its not that i feel safer ... I'm sure we could tune the chassis a bit to get it to stay down i just don't want to put anymore money into that car knowing I'm not going to keep it. the red car is a keeper. i will get the black car fixed and sell when i get down to Utah.

BTW i did mention I'm moving to Utah didn't I?