HybridZ

6 point speeding tickets suck

proxlamus©

Holly crap 29 mph over. Although I have done that quite often (I have a had time with rule number 3) that would be an instant license disqualification for us, and I believe some jail time (don't quote me on that).

Anything over 40 kms (24 mph) is bye bye license.

Ya a little while back i was driving home from a girls house at like 4am, was really tired and just wanted to get home, cruising down the freeway at 100 got pulled over and basically they made sure i wasn't drunk or high and then let me go, to say the least i haven't sped since.

Ouch...That ticket is going to hurt. I don't know about there, but here in NC anything 15mph over or more is reckless endangerment. 25 over and you can kiss your license good bye form a jail cell while your car is impounded. NC has really cracked down on the speeding laws. Good luck. I've never been pulled at those speeds. If I ever got nailed going that fast I think I'd take my chances out running them on the back roads.

if you got a court date, get a lawyer. It may sound expensive, but trust me, it'll save you a lot more in insurance costs in the long run. You may not get off completely, but it'll be a lot cheaper and it's better to have speeding on your record for 3 years than a misdemeanor offense for reckless driving for 7 years

Sorry to hear you'll have to pay. I got a ticket 94 in a 55. $365 ticket. Went to court for it and got it down to $75. WITH NO LAWYER. I brought my work pay stub and showed that I cannot pay it (at the time in HS I made $75/week) and that I learned my lesson to not race. I got yelled at a bit, but only paid $75. Insurance didn't really go up that much either, and that was in MA.

Lawyer or not, definitely fight it. And be prepared.

Was it a state or local cop? How much is the fine?

If it was a state offense, I'd just pay the $130 and take the reduced points. If you "haven't had a ticket in years" you're nowhere near any serious trouble as far as the points go.

Just a little side story, I clocked a guy last week at 98 in a 60 zone... with seven empty beers on the floor board... and on 4 different types of meds... I would have taken his license but he didn't have one since Arizona, California, and Utah had already given him DUI's.

LoL.. he said he clocked me going 79 but he couldnt catch up

And then you told him: "thank goodness, cause I know I was over 95 at one point" :lmao:

Man I pulled into the right lane on I-25 a few weeks back and hit boost in a construction zone because everyone was going slow in the left lane. I was up to just about 70 in a 45 when I saw the cop setting there with his radar pointed right at all of us. Apparently he couldn't read my speed with so many cars around, I slowed down quick. He never followed me so I said, whewww.

Sorry to hear this Ryan. FWIW, I was tagged on a short winding 2 lane just outside our local village earlier this year. Speed limit was 30, he wrote me up for 49. If he'd been there the night before it would have been 65+ (the speed limit is set way too low for the road and long line of sight, etc.) In any event, when I went in to court to try to plead it down it turned out that the officer had never turned it in. I guess my being courteous during the stop paid off.

Luckily you dont live in Spokane WA. Our MINIMUM ticket for speeding is around $200, and then it goes up from there. I havent gotten a ticket but me being 16 one ticket will double my insurance (even with good grades discount~20%) My insurance is already high because Im a boy. At some point tickets are just revenue rather then for safety. Our city is just infested with cops. I think our city has the cops on commision.