HybridZ

Z32 sbc 350 swap pics and more to come!

firon check your private messages. i will be doing the same idea in my 240sx but i will be swaping the bellhousing from the 300zx t the my ka24de tranny. (same tranny diff bell housing) those pics you posted are old enough for whatever reason have an x over them- again. could you email them to me? it would be much appriceated.

i also could use some info on the measurements for the adaptor plate- cost of making i-t

what flywheel did you use? any mods to the flywheel- what clutch did you get to work? did you change any bearings? are there sensors on the tranny that you needed to modify to read the speedo correctly? etc.

i have read this entire thread kutos btw i have been looking into swapign a sbc in my 1990 240sx coupe base modle for about a yr and a half done alot of research and jsut recently had the idea of using the 240 tranny instead of a chevy one. (5spd btw) did soem searching and looks like you beat me to the punch.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vega sorry my first account i forgot the password to. so you can pm me on this one. it may take me a few days to get them i have been at the hospital the passed week the wife has gall stones. but shoot me your mail and question and i'll answer them as best at i can.

now, here is the deal. i just swapped to a th400 cuz i was using the auto nissan tranny. if it was a manual it pry would have been ok. but i have no use for my adapter plate or flexplate anylonger. so... if you want the the adapter plate you can have it for a price, that will save you hours and hours of measuring checking and re-checking measurements. i did have a machine shop make me a slug that fit into the back of the crank to the torque converter. i also had them mate my z32 flexplate and my sbc flexplate togeather. you need the nissan ring gear and the sbc bolt pattern as well as a small spacer behind the flywheel so it will line up perfect with the starter. the speedo will work fine on its own cuz you haven't changed anything with the tranny electronically. the tach will need to be tuned. if you need intruction on this email me.

now my adapter plate should work if you are going to use a manual tranny as long as you use the 300zx bellhousing. you will need a custom flywheel. i would talk with advanced adapters or http://www.novak-adapt.com they do lots of stuff with trannys. and could pry get you started.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

newgauges.jpg

New Custom Gauges

GetAttachmentvjsdbnauil.jpg

Gauges done

GetAttachment.jpg

Gauges installed

asfjasd.jpg

New motor with headers, intake, and quickfuel 750dp

mechfan.jpg

New shroud and mechanical fan and rad.

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

You would never know that was in there

motorandshroudshot.jpg

Finally she is running and driving and not getting hot. The th400 shifts solid and the motor sings with the minimal bolt-ons. i was really suprised how much power was gained just from the carb.

Edited by Firion__13
forgot stuff

thanks dan. hows yours coming. can i get a link to yours i was looking for it the other day. have you done anything since your head gasket went out on the dyno?

It was running again for a little while and I decided I was going to swap a 350z diff into the sub frame for a better gear ratio. 3.35:1 > 4.08:1 :D (I am going to do a detailed how to on this but it does take a lot of cutting and welding lolol nothing we aren't used to)

It's come a long way since the dyno but I haven't tuned on it yet... changing things around keeps me from finishing it and you know how that goes.

Here's a link for you -----> http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=141130