HybridZ

Been pulled over 4 times in two weeks

proxlamus©

Been Pulled over twice

Once in my moms car, me and a friend where driving and apparently my friend who was following me was right on my ass and the cop flashed his light's. We both ended up hitting the curb while pulling over :P

Needless to say he did ask if we had an alcohol haha

Second time was in my truck due to a headlight that had gone out, Its a good thing they didnt check my other lights becuase i broke my turn signal stalk off like 3 months prior haha

All of thats fixed now though

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quit counting my tickets when I got to 20 (20 tickets, not 20 years old, although that would have been about the same). Of course nearly all of that was back during the 55mph speed limit, and most of them for about 70 in a 55. Never for anything stoopid. Never lost my license but had points in about 4 states for about a 15 year period. Of course now that I'm 48 and drive a Caravan half the time I can't buy a ticket. It's like being invisible, thanks to all you youngsters in Z's. :)

Yeah they profile. My favorite was being stopped in Woodstock GA one night back when it was a 1 stop light town. Driving an "arrest me" red 240Z. Cop pulls me over accusing me of driving too fast for conditions. Like midnight, not a cloud in the sky, not another car on the road, and going less than the speed limit. Old geezer that looks like Jimminy Cricket wants me to follow him back to the station because he doesn't have any tickets on him. So I do, because I love a comedy. Long story short- judge throws it out because the old guy can't remember anything, and I wasn't doing anything wrong when he stopped me. Bottom line, I got stopped for driving a red sports car, period.

Shortest time between tickets- 13 minutes.

Considering that I drive an '85 Honda Prelude, it is incredible that I've been pulled over only twice, and gotten ticked once. Got warned for pulling away from a stop sign too quickly, didn't break the speed limit, and it was near a blind hill / corner and I didn't really want to get rear ended, but all ended well.

Then I got a ticket for a 79 in a 55, in a saftey zone. 6 am Saturday on my way to work. NOT ONE CAR BESIDES THE COP ON A 27 MILE DRIVE.

Online drivers ed classes rock !!

Younger less experienced drivers in high performance cars are more likely to injure or kill someone because they don't think far enough ahead to anticipate problems. When they get into a bad situation they have less experience to draw from.

That just isn't true...look at Nick Hogan. Humm, oh yeah he trashed daddy's Supra at the ripe age of 17. Go figure. Case in point. You got it right.

When I was 18 I got pulled over 20 times in one year and two tickets. Nine times out of 10 it was because I was in a nice sports car (my old 260Z) and it was late or I was near a party or local bar. Wrong place at the wrong time and under 25 you are a sure bet for profiling. I don't blame them a bit either simply because most kids behind a wheel of a modded car can't handle it.

I've got a good one.....Got pulled over at @2am coming back from a concert 5 hours away not speeding or anything. I didn't relize the a-hole on my ass behind me was a cop and didn't signal to get in to the right lane. Pulled my info and said I've driving with a suspended lisence, "WHAAATTTT!!!!" is what I think I said. I didn't know what the heck was going on, luckily he let my buddy drive home so I didn't pay any tow fees. Turns out it was an error in the mail and I didn't get a notice for proof of insurance for a ticket I got a year before. I had to drive 3 hours to this hick town Hagerstown Indiana to tell the judge what happened and she told us that the, "BMV is a screwed up system." ........good times

Of course now that I'm 48 and drive a Caravan half the time I can't buy a ticket. It's like being invisible, thanks to all you youngsters in Z's. :)

First off I posted earlier but couldn't say all I wanted because I had to leave.

I have to agree with Katman.

My 20 year old son got pulled over 4 times in a 2 month period driving an old station wagon, not exactly a sports car. Mean while I drive the Z around making lots of noise, with no front plate and even with the front fenders off, past several cops and don't get a second look. Why? I'm 42 and have gray hair!! Simple as that.

Wheelman

Last summer I was in my Z on the way to a local shine-n-show at about 10 am on a Sunday morning. I saw the local highway patrol officer before I even turned onto the road he was already driving on. He stayed behind me for a few miles and then turned his lights on. He said I had failed to use my turn signal at a traffic light. He kept me pulled over for almost half an hour and eventually gave up as I had not done anything wrong (I'm pretty sure I had indeed signaled, plus it was a dedicated left turn lane with its own light.).

Ryan, you know my Z - except for the panasport wheels, it's all stock on the outside. And it's all one color - silver. I'm 47 and not likely to be confused as a teenager.

This guy was just being a jerk and looking to find something. I'm not sure if he was profiling the car (doesn't make sense to suggest profiling me as the driver) or he just felt he needed another ticket for his shift.

I used to get pulled over all the time in my 77. It was a great looking car with full MSA II kit, real real nice yellow paint and a set of riken mesh wheels. It was a mild stroker with a header and 3 inch exhaust into dynomax muffler. Should have never sold it! Anyways I never really did anything wrong and was pulled about 9 times in 6 months. Twice for tint and the rest for bull crap stuff. The best was not runnig proper tire pressure, lol.

ive gotten pulled over four times in the past week on my black R1, the first one was for a "un-safe rear tire" (stock mich. pilot still had the nubs) two of them where for having a supposed "modified engine" and the fourth was for my stock exhaust being too loud, never got any sort of ticket or warning, they all just gave me my info back and let me go, this is what i get when i try and buy something new for a change.....:(

I daily drove my Z with a rollbar and loud exhaust, later had loud induction (Mikunis), was red then silver, and never got pulled over in 8 years of daily commuting and 40K miles between the ages of 21-29. In Prox's case, I think the black hood is indeed the culprit. Paint it the same as the rest of the car, don't put any stickers on your car, don't put a huge wing on the back, keep it low key and don't drive like an idiot and you probably won't have any trouble. At least I didn't.

I got pulled over on Friday, due to my loud exhaust on the Porsche... Told the nice young man to write me, but the exhaust wasn't coming off the car, due to mechanical issues it would cause... He laughed and said have a nice day!

Mike

i got my first speeding ticket in the Z about three weeks ago :wink:

96 in a 55

(interstate)

i was about 100yards away from a GA state patrol in the new SS black dodge chargers...no radar dector went off, and my speedo said like 115mph...i slamed on the brakes when i first saw him when i came around the turn. no radar dector went off (ive got a really nice one)

i pulled over, he gave me a ticket, then i asked to see the laser. he said wait a minute, then about 2 mintues, he called me to his car. showed me the laser, said 96mph at 780ft.

HAHA! i didnt even come into his line-of-sight till like 350ft!!! plus, i wasnt going 96, more like 105-110 (speedo innacturacy)

sooooo, i got the ticket, then wrote a letter to the Marietta solictor...told him i was leaving for basic trainging soon, this was a car my dad and I built, and explained the situation...

he dropped it to 10 over, and i pay$75 , no points!

then my karma kicked in, i got a ticket last week for going 8mph over, and the cop thought i was "eluding him". it was a young cobb county cop---got the letter in the mail the other day...$150 fine....but i say f*ck that, im going to court October 11th!!!!

cant wait for that one!

When I first built my Z back in the '90's I got pulled for anything and everything.. The car is a teal blue and back then it stuck out like a sore thumb.

At one point I knew every state trooper in my county from being pulled. Not to mention all the city cops as well. The deputies never harassed me very much but the rest of them it was bad.

I got a few tickets, some pulls were ridiculous reasons, sometimes they pulled up in my driveway and check to see if my tag was still valid ??? WTH?

I parked it after buying a black '83 ZX for a daily driver and the harassment stopped.