HybridZ

Been pulled over 4 times in two weeks

proxlamus©

Knock on wood...I've never been pulled over in my '82 ZX. I was screwing around the other day with a friend in a 240SX with an SR & we both blew past a cop doing some spirited driving...slowed it down, he didn't care. Hope my luck holds out! I've been on the receiving end of a lot of harrassment when I was younger. Now that I'm 35, I don't seem to have many problems. Haven't had a ticket in 7 years...thank God!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well while the thread is up... Ive already stopped counting how many times Ive been pulled over, Loud exhaust, couple times for speeding, exhibition of speed, a few of the just because times... Once a cop pulled me over just to see how my car was coming along cause I had known him already from working events for the city. One of the best times was when I had this chick in the car and I was showing off, idk, maybe around 90mph being dumb, got pulled over, guess what... her dad. yikes!

Just the other day I had like 4 units show up at my house, we had just finished welding up a friends 3 inch exhaust and had done some high revving and some driving up and down the street to see how it sounded, I guess somebody who lives close by didnt like that to much.

Ive only had one ticket though, and my car has been down for a wile now so its had some cool off time.

Good times

Wow, since ive started driving at age 17 till now(20) i haven't gotten a single ticket. Though i did get pulled over at like 4am on the freeway doing 110 or so in my Audi A8, V8's for the win, but in the end they just talked a bit with me and then let me go... thank you for that. But i also drove the 240z pretty wild, doing burnouts from lights and general reving of the enigne, i would get looks from cops as im doing like 10-20 over and they would just let me go... those cops can be real dicks but dont know why they liked me.

I used to have an "arrest me" red '94 3000GT. One week after buying it, got pulled over for doing 55 in a 25. Only speeding ticket I ever got, never got pulled over (and I did some pretty stupid stuff in that car, between the ages of 17 and 19).

The only thing I really got miffed about was the only accident I've had. Parked by the side of the road, signaling that I wanted to pull out with the wheels slightly turned and the front left fender just at the white line. The jetta I was waiting to pass by clipped my fender as I sat there. Some stupid highschool chick on her cell phone with all her friends in the car. Because she cried to the cop, it became my fault. :fmad:

When I moved up to Arkansas in June, the second week I was here I got a ticket for 'spinning my wheels.' Took it to court, not guilty, still had to pay $100 in court fees for a $120 ticket. Go figure.

Ive got two warnings in the last week, mostly because my car is loud. Im also running rich when the car is cold so it looks like smoke is coming out going uphill. I can't wait to do the turbo swap so I can put a new exhaust on there.

Ive been driving for about 2.5 years now including when I got my permit, 15.5 yrs. Only been pulled over twice, once in my dads Saturn Vue, 70 in a 60, parents were asleep in the car, he let me off with a warning saying I wouldnt intentionally speed with my parents in the car. Second time, in my RAV4, I really thought the speed limit was 45, turned out it was 35. Got a warning since I didnt live in the town. So I live in WA, and have a warning in both WY and ID... WA is coming soon..

But I do think Im luckier then I am law abiding, need to work on it, I cant afford a ticket. Sad thing is I havent starting driving the Z yet. I wonder how long it will take to get a ticket. :(

I have only been pulled over 3 times. All of them ended with a citation, and all of them were within 1 year.

The first time in my first z the night i wrecked it for not having the proof of insurance. i was too shook up to find it, found it the next morning took it to court and they threw it out.

The second time in my 95 s10 got me for going a 65 in a 40. went to court and got off on "probation" that it wouldnt go on my record if i didnt get another citation within 6 months, still had to pay a $50 court cost.

The third time was in my truck again 60 in a 55. Yeah, got that one 12-5-08. cost me $100... damn city cops im just grateful it didnt add any points to my record.

luckily i havent drove the new 260 enough to even be pulled over.

I just remembered a little while after I posted... I DID get pulled over in my Z once!

On the way back home when I brought it from California, I was pulled over in North Carolina for passing a semi at 90. The cop walked up to my window and asked if I was a Marine. I said yes, and he told me to drive more carefully and be on my way. Thank god for bumper stickers!

I havnt been pulled over yet (Dont drive much) but my friend got pulled over a few weeks ago while I was with him. About 2 in the morning we drive past a bar that is letting out. Drunks left and right all getting into cars and driving off. The cop comes up behind us and drives past the bar. The car follows us for a few blocks and then they turn their lights on so we pull over. We have to pull into some thick snow on the side of the road. Two cops get out and go to each window with their hands on their guns and shinning their lights in the back of the car. They ask for my friends license and then ask if we had ever been arrested so we tell them no. They go back to their car and run my friends info. They come back and tell my friend that 1 of his 5 brake lights isnt working right and to have a good night. My friend and I are amazed at what just happened so we didnt say anything. They leave and we try to pull back onto the street but we were stuck in the snow. Took us 5 minutes to get out. Oh. My friend drives a red 91 RX7. Talk about profiling. If thats what my tax dollars are paying for then something needs to be changed.

I cant leave the house with out being followed at least twice a week :fmad:

In a town of about 1,000 people they don't have much better to do and think Im some organized street racer? Im friends with a daughter of someone in the PD and some accualy think that :lmao::lmao::lmao:

mind you I haven never gotten any kind of ticket In town, only on I-5 and out of town (3 speeding tickets in the last 5 years)

they pull me over for chickenS tickets like "parking more than 12in from the curb" when I was pulling over on a residential street dropping someone off :icon56:

Im white but being 20 and having a mohawk really dosent help much :mrgreen:

Man, back when I was in university I owned my red grand prix I got pulled over all the time. It didn't help I had out of province plates and I looked super young. I once remember getting pulled over 10times in 3 weeks. Two times within 10minutes on a Saturday night! Once was my buddy who is a RCMP officier and didn't recognize me and thought someone stole my car, talk about a nice guy. :) scared the ♥♥♥♥ outta me though. I have even been pulled over in the parking lot of my work one time as I was leaving, again due to the out of province plates. *shrug* rarely got ticketed as I've always been nice to them. I figure better to be nice and see what happens than be an ass.

I find all of this very interesting. Being 24 myself, i would agree and disagree about the appropriateness of profiling. I've had over 30 cars, ranging from datsuns, toyotas, to triumph spitfires, a modded porsche 928, a corvette stingray, and a couple of SUV's. Half of those cars, i drove like i stole them.

The ONLY car (of my own) i've ever gotten ticketed in was a BONE STOCK 1992 Toyota Tercel. I got pulled over for speeding, taking a corner too fast (at the speed limit in a residential area), and for going straight out of a left turn lane in a college parking lot.

I have to agree with other members that it's hard when you're on the other side of the badge, and the guy with the badge is a total ass. I got pulled over while driving my friend's 240sx a few years ago. The car was bone stock with the exception of the muffler, which the cop said caught his attention. I gave him my license and insurance, and he came back to the window, told me to get out of the car because he was concerned about my "meth usage". Long story short, i was arrested for use of controlled substances (which i've never used), my friend was arrested for the same, and then later charged at the police station for statutory rape (his girlfriend who was 17 was in the car at the time, and they took her to the station too).

So, does profiling have it's merits? Maybe...but to what end?

I'm sure my attitude will change when my tube chassis triumph sees the street.

But overall, there's a difference between driving fast and driving STUPID. Many younger drivers have tendencies to do the latter, but there are always exceptions.

I got stuffed by the MP's on post in a 5ton, doing 6MPH in a 5 in the motorpool and he also got me for not filling out the paperwork correctly (i forgot to sign at the bottom) its a $15 ticket and does nothing to my license or record or anything. if any of you guys happen to drive on post at ft bliss TX beware of MP's

I got stuffed by the MP's on post in a 5ton, doing 6MPH in a 5 in the motorpool and he also got me for not filling out the paperwork correctly (i forgot to sign at the bottom) its a $15 ticket and does nothing to my license or record or anything. if any of you guys happen to drive on post at ft bliss TX beware of MP's

MP's are total dicks. I'm suprised I never got pulled over during my year at Pendleton. Especially with all the shenanigans I pulled on my Harley.

In my bone stock ef civic hatch, I get pulled over on a regular basis: once every 2-3 weeks. I drive that car gently. For all the stops, no tickets have ever stuck.

In my 240z, I drive fast. I just get head shakes or finger waggles from cops. go figure.

Last month, I pulled up behind a cop while driving my stock '93 toyota pu. A block later, he changes lanes, gets behind me, and lights me up.

After the whole license and registration bit, I ask why he pulled me over. He claimed that I had my high beams when he was in front of me. I didn't. When I told him that, he decided to turn my headlights on for me.

"Well officer, when I push this little stalk forward, that blue headlight icon lights up. That means my brights weren't on before."

A half-hour later, after two more squad cars show up, another officer walks up to my window.

"What did you do to piss off the sarge?"

I get lots of experience with cops. Depending on which side of the situation you're on, their attitudes are all over the place. Probably 50% are jerks, 20% are neutral/just doing their jobs, and the other 30% are nice guys who listen to reason.

Not that I don't understand the jerk cops, I'm sure that dealing with the seedy underbelly of life on a daily basis brings out the worst in people.