HybridZ

78 280z : 0 PSI Oil at startup and gradually goes up.

Bics280z

Alright when I start my car, it seems kinda loud and no oil pressure, but then after a couple of seconds the oil pressure will start to gradually come up to prob bout 20psi or so id say. The noise is only at immediate startup then stops. Is there anyway to fix this? It cant be good and my oil is full. The car i believe has bad valve seals because it does smoke alittle and doesnt run as good as it should. Thanks

no spacers will not help. That only increases the maximum pressure and will have no effect until that pressure is reached.

A turbo oil pump has longer rotors so it pumps more oil per revolution. This helps low pressure at idle

try using thicker oil. like 20w50. This also helps low pressure at idle.

no spacers will not help. That only increases the maximum pressure and will have no effect until that pressure is reached.

A turbo oil pump has longer rotors so it pumps more oil per revolution. This helps low pressure at idle

try using thicker oil. like 20w50. This also helps low pressure at idle.

Pyro nailed it!

• Administrators

Also of note, the oil pressure, water temp, and fuel gauges in these cars are VERY slow to react and register big changes. In short, the rattling you hear upon initial start up is low oil pressure, as soon as the noise stops, the oil pressure is up, (adequate oil pressure is what caused the noises to go away), even though the gauge is very slow to register that pressure, hence its slow moving up. I’ll spare you my opinion of the OE oil pressure gauge, suffice to say, your ear is a much better and faster indicator, (sound is "real time" indicating) of when you have lost oil pressure. If that happens, the gauge is still registering pressure even though the engine is already seized, :lol: Ok, I lied. I gave you my opinion on the OE oil gauge..

On my original L28 N/A motor, I thought I was losing oil pressure as the motor passed through about 85K miles. The gauge was really sluggish and always read low. It turned out that it was the sender. I screwed a regular "boiler" gauge into the block in place of the sender and the oil pressure was totally normal. The OE sender was funky.

• Administrators
yes the guages are slow.

Ok, so are you agreeing with us, letting us know that you already knew that, or you are thankful that we let you in that tid bit, that tid bit was useless to you?

What are you trying telling us and what do you want form us?

Your posts have been vague at best and your other posts here not so HybridZ related.

You need to be give us more information when you post. We can’t read minds.