HybridZ

Potential EMS Auxiliary Switch location.

RTz

• Administrators

Tossing an idea out...

I wanted access to a few switches, readily available to the driver, without being readily visible. After a few moments thought, I decided the ashtray would fit the requirements.

Now you see them...

NowYouSeeIt.jpg

Now you don't....

NowYouDont.jpg

Five switches, and a serial port fit comfortably in the tray. They serve a variety of functions, simply for convenience sake.

Briefly, the serial port is a remote port for laptop communication with a Wolf3D system, along with a couple overrides (Thermo Fan, EMS, Map's), along with audible 'over temp.' alarm bypass and test function.

SwitchPanelB.jpg

SwitchPanel.jpg

Eventually, a label will reside between them, listing their function.

• Administrators

Thanks guy's.

I'll bet you burned some hours on it

Not counting the two trips to the electronics house, there's pretty close to 10 hours in it... not exactly 'Datsun frugal' if you factor in your hourly wages :ugg:

Thanks Ron,

They have a minimum quantity of 14 per connector @ 35 cents a piece.

Considering I found a set of 2 complete connector pairs for 14 bucks, I think I'll just buy up a minimum quantity with pins too :-D

Lord knows I could use them when I get around to that time!

thanks for the link

Very cool Ron. I have also thought of putting small switches under the lid of my console but in the front small compartment. I'm all about the incognito look. You could also call it the "sleeper", "anti-bling, or "anti-ricer" look. :mrgreen:

Which car did you add the switches to? The black 280z?

• Administrators

Which car did you add the switches to? The black 280z?

You're 'prolly gonna bust my chops... I sold the 'Black Pearl' to a young lady at church... she'll be joining HZ before long :wink:

This Wolf system is going in my 260z that I bought back in January... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=118747

VERY clean! Good job.

I put all these switches in the same location 30 years ago ... I wish I had been smart enough to think of putting them under the ashtray lid !

Of course, I also wish I had been smart enough to keep the ash tray and lid assembly too but tossed them during a move ...

AshTray Switches_thumb.JPG