HybridZ

Dreaded Turn signal issues

HakosukaJD

At my wits end. The car is a '71 Skyline (very close to the S30Z, although the combination is only turn signals and high beam flash) Lights and permanent high beams are on a separate stalk.

Symptoms are thus.....

Hazards are fine in all cases.

Right turn signal - works fine up front, but no flashing from the rear. If I'm stepping on the brake peddle, activating the turn signal will cause the brake light to go completely out (no flashing...just out). Voltage measurements at the connectors gives me an alternating 0V to 12V.

Tried to measure wire resistance with the car off as I move the switch to different positions and it keeps saying out of range.

Left Turn signal - the relay will engage initially and irregularly activate about three times before it stops. Turn signal indicator in the dash won't light....front AND rear signals don't work. Activating the switch makes the brake light go out. Measurements at the connectors give me a voltage alterating between 0V and 100mV.

What am I looking for?!

Further amplification...

The comb switch feed handling the turn signal is only about 130mV.

Should this be a full 12V, 10V, what? Or is the voltage through the turn signal switch only a signal voltage?

EDIT:

Obviously the switch is knackered. When I short the feed to the left rear, right rear signal lines, they operate just fine. Now I need to figure out how to take this switch apart.....