HybridZ

ok guys telll me what you think. 77 n/a opened header

nscason

lol @ breeze comment, if i had a nickel for every time I thought just that...

gets annoying real fast? only the attention from the police.. if you truly believe that then you need a V8, me bucko.. the exhaust note is the # 1 reason to stick with the L-series if you ask me.

brrraaaAAAP! BraAAAAP!! br-rrrrRRAAAPPP!!! (thats why I loved that man from the get go)

i do have a full exhaust system with a cherry bomb glass pack that is waiting to go back on. i just havent had the time to modify it to work with the new header. i had a msa 3into2 on with header wrap. in 2 years it cracked and fell apart from the extreme heat where i live. i have had my car in the west coast z nationals for the last 2 years and out of all of the n/a sounds i like mine the best. close to no restrictions and it sounds great.

• 2 months later...
Guest bluestreak

sounds like something i would do, and that's basicly how i run my truck, shorties into glass packs turned down at the cross member. and x2 on the header install, does the intake mani have to come off or can you work around it?

Guest iufan993
Do you have to take the whole intake off the engine for a header install? I was wondering what the least-painful header install looks like on L6.

Intake must come off because the gasket is intake/exhaust in one. If you work hard enough you can remove the exhaust manifold without removing the intake, but then you still have to remove the intake, fuel rail, disconnect throttle linkage, and a couple of vacuum hoses to install headers. The hardest part is getting enough room between the intake and the block to grind off the old gasket. I did it without removing most of the wiring/vacuum from the intake, and I was able to leave the throttle body/air meter intact. Should be easier with a carbeurated car.