HybridZ

Firing the GT240

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey John, thanks alot! I want to also thank you for all of your advise about the LSD rear section. I got it in and everything fit real good. The clutch pack was nasty looking..it should work great. As for the rear foil I'm still going to use it we just took it off for safety reasons while firing the Z. Good news about that was the shop just worked on a new Bell Turbine helo that had the exact same shape foils for tail stabilizers...My little foil should make some nice downdorce! I do need to seal off the front air damn like you mentioned, but I think driving the monster takes priority. take it easy. jh

I bought a "scarab" mount kit, modified the wiring harness, threw in a Richmond five speed and it ran. I hated how nose heavy it became, and how it handled. After the diff blew, I parked the car, yanked the motor and cut the fire wall and trans tunnel out. The motor went back 9 inches and down 1.5inches.

So that is 9" back and 1.5" down from the scarab position? How much did you have to cut the firewall to make that work?

The scarab kit had the motor not only in front of spindle center-line, but so far forward that the balancer was in front of the sway bar. It was serious crap! I cut most of the firewall and a fair amount of the trans tunnel out. I set the motor as far back as I could and then built around it. As I recall it was about 9 inches from original location and since the crossmember no longer hit the pan I dropped it down for better a center of gravity. The wheel tubs were also hand built and had their own set of problems due to the strut perches. Talk to you all later. jh

Me and my buddy's jaw dropped when we came across your pics in the albums. Your car is all business and I think every aspect in my eyes is executed perfectly.

You have alot of pride for the work in the video and it definitely shows in the car.

Great job and I hope ya have a hell of a time wringing it out down the straights and through the corners.

Cant wait to see the upcoming videos:flamedevi