HybridZ

$100 280z

Hello all! Im new to the z world and here is my new "to me" Z.

Not sure what my plans are for now, probably just see if i can get it running ect. Everything looks original and it has a 5sp WOOT!

I will post up more pics as i take them, spent all day after work just getting it out of the field it was in. And yes i know that only one pic is just a tease...

Chrisscar.jpg

whereitlay.jpg

This is the spot minus the car, notice something funny?

whatthehell.jpg

WHAT THE HELL? and yes that is a baby snake in the giant hole...

Ok sorry its taken me so long to get back on here. I will try to get more pics on Thursday. The car was supposedly only sitting for a year and a half. From what ive looked at so far the frame rails are in good shape and the only place that has rusted through on the car is a small spot in the floor pan. BUT there seems to be alot of surface rust along the cowl and the rockers. Ihatejoefitz I had no idea there was a $100 z on cragslist... where might it be? lol I found this car through a friend of a friend ect. And so far no sign of the badger... Lots of snakes though...

lol yeah I really need to clean all that out. Hmm big plans well first and foremost I want to clean the car up, fix all the rust and get the car running. After that who knows, ive thought about an RB swap or keeping the six and putting on a turbo or building it up and getting as much NA out of it as i can. But for now im only setting little goals like new tires and replacing broken or missing parts. In the end the car will be a weekend toy and that leaves me with alot of options as to what can be done.

• 1 year later...

take the spark plugs off and add a cap and a half full of miracle oil to EACH spark plug hole. its a red bottle you can purchase at an auto store. does work on safely lubricating rings and cylinders for cars who have been sitting for a while.. take the valve cover off (if you want) add about a quart of the thinnest oil you can find) and let it drain down throw the engine.... get access to the crank bolt. by removing radiator and fan. and crank the engine with a 1/2 breaker bar. try to get the engine moving. itl make things a lot easier in the long run IF you don't want to rebuild your engine right away. i got my 83 l28et (turb0 ) motor running ON the car that was sitting 12 years. of coarse i added

new spark plugs, new coolant, new intake filter, oil filter, gas filter, let it run for 20 minutes till it got nice and hot. and purged all the fluids out. and added new ones. JUST TO GET EVERYTHING CLEANED OUT. :)

any whojust some advice

That car is long gone, never did get the title so i sold it... Got another one about a year later lot better shape and a clear title, car gets dropped off and she runs great for about a day, then bam! 3 stuck valves and now she sits till I pull the head and clean all the valves or find a great deal on a turbo motor....

Heres a few pictures of the car from the previous owner...

MyZ.jpgMyzside.jpgMyzrear.jpgMyzdash.jpg