HybridZ

LS2 HybridZ is now in Mexico...1800 mile drive!!!

ULISES

Some of you know that I have relocated to Mexico...

I will be here for quite some time so I imported the car, it was expensive and I waited about 11 hours for the paperwork process...We drove it 1800 miles without a problem...well the fuel filter was dirty but thats all...I had a friend drop the tank and we cleaned it put a new filter and its all good now....We went racing this past sunday..I will post video soon....we got some good races!!!

Here are some pics of the drive...

LS2ROADTRIP004.jpg

LS2ROADTRIP002.jpg

CHACALAFAMAGUIRRE001.jpg

Us at the beach 10 mins from our home town!!!

CHACALAFAMAGUIRRE002.jpg

I was worried about the roads too since I was not down here for eight years...there were some places were it was bad but not much.in Mexico you always have two main roads, one you have to pay wich is this one and the other you dont pay I would not risk driving on that one....

Car is all dirty due to a hurracaine, we waited a full day to avoid it.

I went straight to my friends carwash and left the car there for a week to keep it clean....Right now its raining so car will get dirty right away...when its not raining there is lots of dust so no luck either...

I will be getting pictures of cars not sold in the US.....

Awesome. I have contemplated moving there myself. My family has a bunch of land near Puebla. How is the driving down there? Have you found any good roads? How has the Z been received there, do they know what it is?

Lots of questions, sorry.

I haven't given up my citizenship either, I have dual.

hello Ulises... did you "import" the Z? because in Baja California you can't import this cars or any other two seats car or sport car... Or you make it "nacional" like a classic car?

I dont kmow how but mine is imported, that is why i buy it the same day i see it... second day i realized that the engine was shot....

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_385.JPGBaja California...there is a nice toll road from tijuana to ensenada which i take to visit my grandparents. Its a good road lots of curbs and straits and a nice view of the pacific ocean. I cant wait to take my 240z down there. there a regular road which is no good since dirt and its a 2 lane road one going and one coming.

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_384.JPG

I need to have coilovers before I can take my Z down there.

I know of many places where I can end up like a beached whale enroute to the grandparents.

Some of the toll roads are very nice and new, while others are terrible! Most of the time, if it's a higher toll, the road is nicer.

The last stretch to Gomez Palacio, Durango, Mexico from the north is a dream to drive at night (which I usually end up doing on our trips).

I think I've been to as far as Tepic. We go to (or try to go to) Mazatlan or San Carlos every year. Not this year though :(

Mario

Car drove here without a problem..I, Imported the car as a classic...Any car over 30 years old can be imported...Fees were high but it could be done.

We found a track close to home, about 15 mins...I have some really nice videos....I will upload as soon I get a chance.

Not many ppl know the Z car here in Mexico...How my car is set up it was hard to know what it was in the US.

Should go Racing today, I left my cam at home though.

Bayareazt, Thank's....I'm having a blast down here.

Sergio

Went out to a a 1/4 mile track in guadalajara mexico, they have a road race rack there too...there was a new z06 with a supercharger and a big shot of nos, nos is used alot down here.

this vette went vs the twin turbo ford gt...two races first race twas for the gt and second race the vette won....my z went up vs. a 65 mustang fast back with a built engine and supercharger...the mustang was not running 100% so we took him both times.....no video on this races.

i have video of the z vs. the ford gt and a sr20det plus nos sentra se-r wich was the fastest at this track....I will upload the video soon....

• 2 years later...