HybridZ

500hp 240z beat by a 120hp wagon

J__

think about it though.... subaru wagon.... 4wd. that thing is going to have some kind of cornering advantage over a z. i think for a "500hp" z that was a pretty small course. lets see what happens when they both are on a bigger course. my money would be more on the z. i dunno, just my thoughts.

An autocross is not about horse power. Driver experience is the biggest factor on an auto cross course. I've done it for years and have a buddy that has a 90 hp VW rabbit that will wax the course with me in my 400 plus rwhp Z. :banghead:

You name the car and he has probably embarrased it on an autocross course.

We had a tan Ford Fiesta that cleaned house at my old autox in CA. People in Camaros and Vettes and Mustangs and (insert your fast car here) used to laugh at the car when they saw it for the first time in the paddock. Then it would blow their doors off. You should have seen the look on their faces then. :D Went to the big track with that same club and I passed the Fiesta with such a huge speed differential that I literally thought his car was broken. Nope, the car was fine, it just topped out at about 90 mph.

That Z actually looks pretty good, just needs to be lowered, flared, and running stickier tires and the suspension to back it up and I think he'd be quite a bit faster... then again that pretty much describes all Z's.

The wagon is fast in the parking lot...but sure dumb looking on the street.

i couldnt agree more. i would rather have a crappy z than a nice looking wagon. even a run down z rolling out of mex turns heads. you arent going to get that with a wagon. i am doing all kinds of body work on mine and it looks like hell. i am still getting ppl that want to buy it. aparently i am not the only one around here that sees not what it is but what it could be.