HybridZ

Newest acquisition

auxilary

dragunov has an illegal stock and is listed as an ak47 variant. saiga's internals are NOT identical to the ak47, and it has no pistol grip

I bought it froma guy on calguns, and did the xfer at irvington arms. In fact, I was there yesterday and they have a couple of saigas like this for $350/each. Martin, the owner of the Irvington Arms, supports and knows the laws, and these are legal, because they couldn't be proven to be illegal

How can the internals of the SVD be identical to an AK if it uses a different round (7.62x54 compared to 7.62x39), maybe a non thumbhole stock could be installed?

But anyways, awesome rifle :). And $350 a piece is a great price, I might pick one up next time im back home. Much better then the preban AR-15s they have for around a grand.

I take it that is a fixed magazine?

I've been looking at getting another rifle, Yugo Mauser and a Mosin Nagant carbine were nice . . . for a while, and wow, beat up M1's cost 2x that at the stores I looked.

Speaking of which, what is the best way to get Saiga? Store? Gun show? Private Party?

irvington arms, fremont. they have them in stock, or can order them for you

magazine is detachable, they have additional 10 round mags as well.

Big 5 has mosin 91/30 rifles right now for $74

What's the point of putting an AK stock on it with a monsterman grip, when that will make it uncomfortable and it'll be same as a saiga stock?

I thought you Cali boys were restricted to fixed mags? I always had a soft spot for Saigas they are nice guns and very functional, I have their auto 12 ga. with a box mag. That's a very good deal for $350 too, I'm jealous I can't get an AK look alike that cheap even back home where they are legal. I beleive they want $450 for a WASR and $500 for a Saiga. Great buy, have fun with it it should shoot very nice.