HybridZ

How did you name your vehicle?

dr_hunt

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't named them per se. There is the Benz..190E 2.6 , Orange wreck..240 parts car , Orange 260 , green rust bucket...280 parts car,`White junk...280 parts car , blue 280... This one is gettin a v8 ,yellow z...280 w/body kit and cowl hood.(my son has staked his claim) , Red convertible.... topless 280 , the orange 240 with the DISCO top (half vinyl top), the Lebaron turbo convertible.

BUT, if I ever get another DOG, I'm going to name it after my ex wife.

Well, I have never named any of my cars. I am thinking of naming the 280Z I just got, (in great shape btw), after my grandpa. Sadly, he passed away on Feb. 16, 2007. I brought the Z home on Feb. 16, 2008. I just think it would be a small way of paying tribute to a great man.

I wonder if he anything to do with me finding this clean Z for such a low price.

R.I.P. Gramps

Harumi.(春実)

it means Spring Beauty. my car's build date is 5/78

I like it XP

being half japanese I felt it was fitting to give her a Japanese name.

her birthday is coming up soon. She'll be 30 years old. I'm going to tease my little sister (turning 16) and ask her to give Harumi a present haha.

I was out looking at my car this weekend thinking of this topic. I was thinking of a girl I used to date that I was so into at one point. One of those one sided relationships.

Anyway, I've got a goofy personality. I'm kind of an extremist. Thus I’ve named my car, "Addiction".

Well, I always tend to name my guitars and cars. Can't really explain why either. I'm also a bit of a Gone in 60 sec fan (old and new) and for some reason giving my car a girls name just always fits. I guess that's ok since I've met several girls that consider their car their 'man'.

My 280ZX is Chelsey. Just sounds like a girl next door name doesn't it? Again, I just can't explain it, it just fits.

The new 280Z is still nameless, but I'm thinking Elaine or Helen, which are basically the same name if ya didn't know. I'm leaning towards Elaine because if I name her Helen people will ask about the relation to troy, though I do like the sound of helen more.

I havent named my Z's but my friends have..

My 80 280zx - Darla... named because of a song they thought I liked.

My 71 240z - Dosojin... named because Dosojin is the Japanese God of the Roads

I don't know why the names have to start w/ a D but my friends seem to keep doing that.

ummmm I had a girl name my 280z "Isabella" cause in italian "Bella" means "Beautiful", and since we're both italian;

Is'a Bella! :eek:

Not sure if I like the name though, cause she's not 'bella' at all right now. :icon53:

My Z is like the girl that you treat like dirt, and she sticks to you like mud. except this one actually has control of my money to a certain extent.

:icon42:

I think I'll name my 87 Turbo "Isabella" cause it's a beautiful car for the price I paid, and it's in great condition. I think I'll name my 280z "John", named after the man who left the car with his wife after passing away, who later gave it to me for free "as long as I take the mags and tires with it". Or I could name it "Karen" after her... we're like fam now

hmmmmz

well this is an on going topic between me and my ex, she didnt like the name i gave my black 280zx

blak betty, so she calles it cat women

she named my blue 280zx "spaz" because it would always catch on fire, i didnt agrue with that one as much

the baby blue 280z is named "scarlet" most people call her "the Beast"

every car deserves a name, it gives them Character

well this is an on going topic between me and my ex, she didnt like the name i gave my black 280zx

blak betty, so she calles it cat women

she named my blue 280zx "spaz" because it would always catch on fire, i didnt agrue with that one as much

the baby blue 280z is named "scarlet" most people call her "the Beast"

every car deserves a name, it gives them Character

I think it's the character of the car that gives it the name. Ya know?

to me, a lot of cars already have a character, you just have to find a name that fits the cars personality.