HybridZ

How did you name your vehicle?

dr_hunt

When I was in high school, there was this chick who was half black and half asian of some kind. Her name was Zelda, believe it or not, so I figured that was the perfect name for an 80's black Japanese car. After high school, we were so in the habit of calling her that, it just sort of stuck.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my daily drive is called "The 81" because....well it's an 81ZX.

My project car is called "The 77" because, again, it's a 77Z.

My Fairlady is called "The Fairlady" because, you guessed it, it's a Fairlady import.

Sorry, no fancy or interesting names here. I suppose if I were to name any of them based on experience I'd have to call the 81, Ski because I hit a pool of standing water in it once and went Skiing across to the other side without a problem. Scared the hell out of me but really says something for the design of the ZX. The 77 I could call many things, but none of them would be proper on a family oriented forum. The Fairlady would be Rusty...Because it is very rusty....

The Mighty Zed....play on the fact that when I got it the L28 was clapped out and anything BUT mighty...couldn't keep up with our Matrix station wagon LOL...and Zed because I work in the States and hang out on these forums where most of the members are Americans and everyone calls these Zee cars...when they are really ZED cars!! haha My wife has various names for it: POS, bucket of bolts, things along that line....she's always coming up with some witty way of saying she hates the car...oh well.

• 1 month later...

I named my BMW Frank - no idea why, it just seemed to fit. I would imagine a guy called Frank to be cool, and that's what my Bimmer's like. I still have to find a name for the Z. She's a difficult girl, so I think she should have an Italian or Spanish name to fit her tempestous character. Oh well...

Me and my brother went partners on a '73 240z to build into a Club Racer. I dubbed it Porche Eater. He's not all that keen on the name though. So far all it's eaten is our time and money. The Z or Z Car is just a bit to common for me.

If you want tempestuous you probalby want Irish - How about Maureen as in Maureen O'Hara?

That's a good idea, thanks! I'll also consider some movie characters' names - finding difficult women in films shouldn't be difficult.

My brother's name is Frank. He's kinda cool. He hasn't been to the gym in over a year... so I really wish he would really put a shirt on when my friend's come over. :icon56: LOL.

And his girlfriend's name is Jackie, and she is Columbian. and She's more tempermental than the italian women I know... :icon55:

I named my BMW Frank - no idea why, it just seemed to fit. I would imagine a guy called Frank to be cool, and that's what my Bimmer's like. I still have to find a name for the Z. She's a difficult girl, so I think she should have an Italian or Spanish name to fit her tempestous character. Oh well...