HybridZ

a couple fuel questions...

caszboy

Hey all,

I just got my R/T mount in the mail from Roostmonkey and it looks great! Since im going to be installing this i figured i might as well get some fuel things in order. so.....

My fuel pump went out not to long ago and i was short on money at the time. So i ended up getting a cheap $41.00 universal fuel pump from Pepboys and im currently hating it. Its loud, draws a crap load of amps and only flows 2.5-3.5psi. I have been told that the ideal fuel pressure for my carb setup (duel stock webers) is 4-5 psi., so im running short there. Also, i currently do not have a regulator on my fuel line. This is the fuel pump/regulator combo that im looking into. The combo is only $97.00 for both...

555-15914.jpg

the fuel pump:

105 gph (free flow)

70 gph at 9 psi

High pressure 14psi max

and the regulator:

4-1/2 to 9 PSI

3/8” NPT Ports

restriction: .220” (7/32”)

-Would this be a good combo for my 260? if i set the pressure regulator at 4.5 psi?

-The install directions say to just block off one of the 'out' ports if running a single carb setup or run it to a gauge. i will probably run it to a gauge either an in-line or electric, not sure yet. It all depends on the cash flow.

they also sell a low psi pump if that would be a better choice

95 gph (free flow)

65 gph at 5 psi

Low pressure 7 PSI MAX

Thanks in advance.

well to help answer your question. i have dual s.u.'s on a l28 on my s130. and i have a felpro 4 psi fuel pump. mine isnt loud or anything. but ya. with your setup it all depends on what your engine build is. if you have stock internals then you dont need tons of fuel. but if you have or want to have a higher compression then i think this fuel pump would be a nice one to have. holley has a really similar setup that my brother has on his camaro.

That picture sure looks like a Holley Blue with a Jeg's label on it. I had one and it's pretty loud and totally overkill for dual webers. If your existing pump has enough volume capacity at 2-3 psi, that will be fine for the webers. There would be no benefit going up 2 psi.

It sounds like you're not happy with your current noisy pump, so don't go this route as it's not likely to be much quieter. The key to a generic (meaning inexpensive) replacement is to get a rotary (not vibrating) model. I picked one up at autozone a few years ago for about the same price as yours and with the engine running it can't be heard.