HybridZ

rb26 injector resistor.

stony

Well i figured it would happen soon.... I need one. we were reviewing the SD for the Vpro engine harness and it seems to require a resistor. easiest way will to use the stock rb26 resistor. Does anyone know where it is installed on the gtr?? Engine harness or body harness??

And last but not least does anyone have one they can let go???

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW I MADE my own injector resister box

The injectors are fired off of the ground wires (they come from the ECU) and there is a main power wire that comes from the main relays on the harness. If you take 6, 6watt, 6ohm resistors (can be bought at radio shack in packs of two, for ~2 bucks a piece) and wire them inline with each power wire on the injector, it'll do the same trick.

I have been running several thousand miles on my swap with that resistor box and no issues.

with the factory ecu the power comes from the harness but through the factory o2 sensors. The o2 sensors keep it in either open or closed loop. would wiring them to a constant voltage source with the resistors would keep them in open loop? Or is the ecm supplied ground pulse width what keeps the cold and hot loops different?

Im probably speaking from my a$$ right now but im wondering if that will make any difference.

FWIW I MADE my own injector resister box

The injectors are fired off of the ground wires (they come from the ECU) and there is a main power wire that comes from the main relays on the harness. If you take 6, 6watt, 6ohm resistors (can be bought at radio shack in packs of two, for ~2 bucks a piece) and wire them inline with each power wire on the injector, it'll do the same trick.

I have been running several thousand miles on my swap with that resistor box and no issues.

Any pictures????

Someone outbid me!!!! 51.00 bux!!!!! are these really that valuable considering you can build one for less then 20???

I bid $41.00 for it because I wanted an uncut plug. I have a resistor pack with the plug cut off. Resistance from the one white wire to all the six black wires is 6 ohms.

.....................<-------////-----------Black Wire

..................<---------////-----------Black Wire

................<----------////-----------Black Wire

White Wire<------------////-----------Black Wire

.................<----------////-----------Black Wire

..................<---------////-----------Black Wire

Sorry for the crude drawing. Basically connect one end of the 6 ohm 6w ceramic resistors all together. This end connects to the white wire. The remaining 6 leads go to the injectors. Not to difficult of a circuit to build.

FWIW any supra or 3000GT injector resistor box will work as well, you can usually find those real cheap

I'll mirror Steath-Z's comments about the circuit. Its super easy to build. Pics of how mine is setup wouldnt help, as I've taped all the resistors together and it looks like a cigarette box now, lol. The white wire comes from the ECCS relay I believe, I'd have to go back and look but its that or the IGN relay.

Just use one from a fuel injected L28, wiring will probably be slightly different but it should work the same.

You brought out my curiousity about the L28 FI resistor measurements. The L28 fuel injected resistor pack has two ceramic resistors. There is one white wire and two black wires. A resistance check on them measures out at 6 ohms.

Now here is the perfect junk yard fix as I see it. Take three of these packs, connect the white leads together and attach the remaining six black leads to the injector harness.

The wire diagram looks good but you can tie all the white wires together in the harness and run one white wire to the battery. They are common at the battery anyway. Save some wire.

that's why they sort of angle out from top to middle to bottom, but replacing the ascii-code image with a real jpg would be a bit better.

time to go to work :)

EDIT: New diagram attached.

RB_Engine_-_Injector_Resist_thumb.jpg

Adobe Illustrator CS2. Haven't upgraded to CS3 yet, as I'd like to format when I do because my system is based around my most used software applications.

When I get home today, I'll edit the picture so that one wire is protruding from the box (internal connections) and so that it says low-impedance.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...