HybridZ

Tire Range That Keeps Your Speedo Accurate

Guest Anonymous

I have slightly larger than stock tires on the Silver Z which makes the odometer read more . I will be going 65mph and the gauge reads 75 which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. A case of denial but I love it .

What do you mean by largest? As width and height are related, they are still independent. You should try to stay close to the stock height ~25" for speedo accuaracy, but width has nothing to do with it. If you have 3.54 gears, you can run say a 28" tire with the 3.36 speedo gears or if you have 3.70 you can run the tall tire with the 3.54 gears. You could go the other way as well if you were looking for more effective gear ratio.

Originally posted by Tomahawk Z:

I have slightly larger than stock tires on the Silver Z which makes the odometer read more . I will be going 65mph and the gauge reads 75 which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. A case of denial but I love it .

Oh, Lordy! Thank your lucky stars if you haven't gotten a ticket by now. If your tires are larger, than they rotate fewer times with each mile traveled, and you're zipping by policemen in that snappy little sports car at 80 mph, rather than the 70 that the speedo reads, or the 60 that you think you're going!

Please, try out this Tire Calculator and enter the stock size and what you're running now, just to be sure.

Guest Anonymous

RPMS.. what do you mean get a speeding ticket? I lost my license for five years for too many speeding tickets. Nothing like going fast in a Z (and I still do )