HybridZ

New Rota's RB-R 17x8.5

Did you have the time too weight the wheel yet ? Bathroom scale could do since its probly around 25 poundish

Sorry guys or taking soooo long to do this. With the bathroom scale they are 19lb.

Pictures don't show how great this wheels look....:D:D:D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Here they are with 225/45/17. I wanted to do 245 but got a great deal on them... And with no motor in the car it does not matter much. I am sure 245 will clear front and back. Looks awesome to me..

Nice! Out of curiosity did you specify anything special about those center caps? In the past people were saying they didn't clear the hub centers... are you using spacers?

Nice! Out of curiosity did you specify anything special about those center caps? In the past people were saying they didn't clear the hub centers... are you using spacers?

Is the problem the front? I have installed Cobra mustang rotors on mine. And they fit on the outside of the hubs.

Is the problem the front? I have installed Cobra mustang rotors on mine. And they fit on the outside of the hubs.
Yes the problem is the fronts I have the stock rotor setup so without the extra spacer of the rotor like you have they will not fit on.

They look good :)

Anyone interested in using these wheels in a staggered configuration? I was thinking the 17x7.5 +4 front, 17x8.5 +4 rear. You buy one size, I by the other, and we do a swap for a staggered look?

I am, but I believe the 7.5 are not (yet?) available in +4.

Or you can run +20 offset all around. The 17x7.5 +20 are perfect if you have coilovers (5" BS). 17x8.5 +20 in the rear would require 1/2" spacers for 5" back space.

You shouldn't have to run a spacer on the rear if you run a 8" rear coilover spring and get the spring collar above tire.

Justin

Or you can run +20 offset all around. The 17x7.5 +20 are perfect if you have coilovers (5" BS). 17x8.5 +20 in the rear would require 1/2" spacers for 5" back space.

I like the look of the +4, love the lip :)

I might just end up getting the 8.5 for all four corners.

You shouldn't have to run a spacer on the rear if you run a 8" rear coilover spring and get the spring collar above tire.

Justin

That really limits your ride height adjustment. You also may not be able to get the ride height and or travel where you want it with that limitation. A 1/2" spacer is no big deal as long as you run longer studs.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...