HybridZ

Going dis/injection need help

Z728

Changing to fuel injection and dis reading all the posts regarding different after market injection systems doesn't seem to be a fool proof easy tune reliable system. any ideas and or opinions here would be a help. This is a full race engine in a SCCA GT2 based on the 1976 280z car looking for around 300 +/- hp and good responce in and out of the corners.

Cheers Don

Changing to fuel injection and dis reading all the posts regarding different after market injection systems doesn't seem to be a fool proof easy tune reliable system. any ideas and or opinions here would be a help. This is a full race engine in a SCCA GT2 based on the 1976 280z car looking for around 300 +/- hp and good responce in and out of the corners.

Cheers Don

Can you run EFI in SCCA GT2? As far as I know, you still need to run carbs. Or, is it a GT2 engine you want to use in a street car? There are many different systems out there. Wolf, and Electromotive are good ones (there are many more). Whichever you choose, you will have to spend significant time on the dyno getting the most out of an L6 setup for GT2.

O.K. well that sucks...... just checked the rules again and are a little confused I thought they removed the fuel injection restriction for the old 280z's as of 2007 ....but now I see it's still there. Damn , I spent all summer planning this motor. wow sell your car and buy a newwer one or you can't play with the big boy's. well... back to the drawing board...

still must go faster, must go faster, much faster.......

I bought the car finished well complete anyway have spent a year and a half trying to make it more competitive more hours than I would want to think about . the fellow who built it originally changed it as he progressed through the different classes ending in Gt2. I guess the only option is to sell it and start over.

Thanks Don

Checked the rules and read front to back have also sent a request for clarification from the local club. As far as I can see efi is legal on all Gt2 cars regardless of original equipment as listed on page gts-257 as long as you don't use a plenum or connecting pipe and stay to limited bore size 50mm in this case

If so i need a good reliable fuel injection system with dis so as above any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Don

There are probably 50 different systems you could use, each one with with it's own advantages and disadvantages. We could exchange posts for the next year and not talk about all of them. I think you need to see what other SCCA racers are using, and also do some reading in the "Engine Components" section of this site. There are a number of head to head competitions out there too.

• Administrators

Z-ya's advice is solid.

Another way to approach this... pick a dealer that's going to provide proper support, and buy whatever system he sells, regardless of the name on the box...

Getting the most out of a 'junk' system is better than getting nothing out of the 'best' system.

I have to agree with Ron. Finding a reputable dealer that can help you work out all the kinks in your install, and help you tune it is extremely important.

Begin shameless plug for Ron:

I've used Wolf EMS systems in a number of installs with great success. The RB26DETT swap that I'll be involved with this winter will use a Wolf system from Ron.

End shameless plug for Ron :mrgreen: