HybridZ

Nissan 5.6ltr V8 and ITB's

Hey Guys:

Any one working on a Nissan 5.6ltr install into a old Z? We have Direct to Head Plates being cut now for a Drift team out of Atlanta who is shoe horning the 5.6ltr into a 350Z!

We are talking stand alone here not working with the Stock ECU,as the TB motor doesn't have enough torque to run them!

These guys have Tranny adaptor plates too, not sure what transmission they are running!

Kevin

l_f94df9726525d3938ea0306be2c7b747.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ken:

Enjoyed the Chat! Are you droping the Vk into the Green Z on your signature?

What are you going to do with the current SC motor?

Kevin

I have another 72 (light blue) that will get the vk motor installed... I also have the supercharger available for sale if anyone would like to play with it...

I recently put a turbo motor in... only because I had a prblem with my crank and had the parts laying around for the turbo (plus I wanted to go back to the stock hood)

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Ovals: To answer your question, I am not sure we will ever offer a 50mm ITB! No offense here, but I wanted to take a minute and explain why, as we get this all the time!

50mm Throttle Bodies = an On/Off Switch for a Throttle, if you are drag racing the Car then yes "Bigger is Better". When you take into consideration Off Idle street driving or trying to modulate a throttle in Traffic then 50mm is not your answer!

In every engine there are compromises! When you realize that a throttle plate that is 45mm +/-.000" and a Throttle Bore that is 45mm plus .004" of an inch larger than it's plate "WILL NOT" idle below 1500 rpm! So if .004" gap between a throttle plate and the bore produces 1500 plus rpm, what happens when you crack the throttle? Now amplify this with a 50mm throttle plates per cylinder and you soon realize how critical plate size becomes to tip in driving and throttle modulation!

Forcer: Yes they will fit under a Titan Hood with ease, you will need stand alone to run them, or have lots of Time to work out the needed tricks to fool the Stock engine management! A cable throttle, a Piggyback controller and a piece of Electrical tape for the Check engine light could work, just depends on how determined you are! :)

Thanks Sirk!!!!

How about you get David off his A$$ and Wallet and finish that 951 Race motor! We talked about a Tapered 45mm set-up for his Porsche 951 Race Car! :) We are putting the final touches on the 4 cylinder Turbo Composite Pleanums as well! The 951 has one of the largest bore seperations I know of so it could in handy for him!

If you get ready to Give up the Right hand Drive Fairlady give me a Shout! :)

Kevin

Please Watch this short Video located at the top of the page, I believe your questions will be answered!

http://www.extrudabody.com/TechInfo/Installations.html

Everything in Engine Design is subject to compromises for this or for that, we chose this design as it's cost effective, serves several purposes at once, and as the video shows makes little difference with regards to Airflow!

Kevin

Please Watch this short Video located at the top of the page, I believe your questions will be answered!

http://www.extrudabody.com/TechInfo/Installations.html

Everything in Engine Design is subject to compromises for this or for that, we chose this design as it's cost effective, serves several purposes at once, and as the video shows makes little difference with regards to Airflow!

Kevin

Excellent video Kevin !!

Good Question, but honestly one I have no answer for! We would love to know the answer to it, if HybridZ can help establish that!

Question:

1. Do those engines use the same head on both sides of the motor? The VK56 intake mounting pattern is the same for both heads, or better put 1 head plate fits both heads, just turned 180 degres of one another.

Guys:

The plans for that Flow bench are on our website, is has come in handy more times than I can count! It's not a $20k Flowbench with CFM numbers, but for Back to back testing and PORTING, you can see instantly what your results are! ALSO it will show you when you cut to much and cause flow to decrease! :(

Note: You can use larger CFM fans from Home Depot as well! Depends on your budget!

Here they are as well!

l_5cde304c4256b335e7d6574c25b47500.jpg

Kevin