HybridZ

vorex generators and lift

so correct me if i'm wrong BUT since the problem is around the hatch area wouldn't adding a vortex generator to "spoil" the airflow and then adding a wing around the back of the car solve most of this problem? i've seen this on someone's car here on hybridz but i can't seem to find the pic anywhere

The Vortex Generators actually helped smooth out the turbulance created as the air packed up around the windshield and went over the roofline. The trip strip, Vortex generator and either the 5.25 inch spoiler, APR rear wing, or the whaletail would make a formidable combination for those areas of the car. Couple that with a modified Type3 Airdam with the grill openings closed off and some ZGflares, and you'd have a pretty "aero-friendly" car... Add coil overs to get the car on the ground a little lower and things would be even better.

Mike

ok that is awsome!! i was looking on ebay at some stick on vortex generators and i think i'll just stick with the individual stickys, but anyways about the evo mr vortex generators being the way they are.. they are designed with a little bit of angle in them, it might not look like it in pics but one of my friends has one and you can tell the diff.. the explaination that i got from him and from wintunnel pics i've seen on his style evo show that the airflow is actually "spoiled" just enough so that it actually hits the wing better therefore creating greater downforce

• 2 months later...