HybridZ

Vibration with speed

so i just installed new shocks and wheelbearings in the rear end of my 71 240z, and when i get above like 60 km/h i get this very agressive vibration.

the driveshaft is balanced already, this problem was not a problem until the rear suspension was worked on.

R200 rear end with half shafts.

any thoughts before i put it on the jackstands and spin the wheels?

I had this same thing that took me over 4 weeks to track down .. i had the drive shaft balanced... new u joints all around i had replaced both half shafts and still had this bad vibration .. i got new rear tires put on and it looked funny .. so i swapped them to the front and the vibration went away .. but the steering wheel was real bad shaking now .. so it turned out to be i had a dent in one of my brand new wheels from motorsport z.... 10 weights later it is gone .. wow that was alot of typing to just say check the rear wheels and have them ballanced .. even if they already have been you might have lost a weight or hit something ....

• 2 weeks later...

When you changed the shocks, did that change the ride height? Maybe it changed the driveline angle

no.

i jacked it up and ran it and the vibration didnt happen..

its just so weird that this started after i just put new shocks in the rear.. hrmmm

i wonder if something is loose, imma climb under there and check all the bolts.

no.

i jacked it up and ran it and the vibration didnt happen..

its just so weird that this started after i just put new shocks in the rear.. hrmmm

i wonder if something is loose, imma climb under there and check all the bolts.

Hmmm only thing not turning that way is the front tires.......might be worth looking at if everything else looks good.

Lou