HybridZ

What type of pipe for intercooler

stony

Hey guys i searched and got too many threads to dig thru so i thought i would just ask

What size (wall thickness) and what type of aluminum pipe do i need to use to make my intercooler piping. i ordered up so stuff that was supposed to be intercooler pipe but it was really thin walled and had a coating on it to make it look polished, So i imagine it would be a bitch to weld.

Any links would be appreciated... weeding thru all the hits in google for universal intercooler piping sux!!!!

http://www.globaltecheng.com/ProductCart/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=65&pageStyle=H

Austin originally posted this up, I checked them out and I went through them as well. Great selection, and good prices. I used 16g. i didnt get to weld with it much before I left for school, all I can say is that i needed waayy more practice... and thinner filler rod.

• 2 weeks later...

No thanks on the carbon fiber. Aluminum is the way to go. Unless of course you have lots of free time or lots of money to pay someone to do it.... i have neither :>

and to answer my own question that never did the answered.......Here are the specs that i came up with as what to use for intercooler pipe.

Aluminum Tube - 6061-T6, 16 Gauge .... 16 gage is .0625 ( 1/16th )

I ordered some aluminum and a 3 exhaust builders kit from the above link ... columbia river mandrel bends. I will let you all know what i get

No thanks on the carbon fiber. Aluminum is the way to go. Unless of course you have lots of free time or lots of money to pay someone to do it.... i have neither :>

and to answer my own question that never did the answered.......Here are the specs that i came up with as what to use for intercooler pipe.

Aluminum Tube - 6061-T6, 16 Gauge .... 16 gage is .0625 ( 1/16th )

I ordered some aluminum and a 3 exhaust builders kit from the above link ... columbia river mandrel bends. I will let you all know what i get

Stony please keep us updated. That exhaust builder kit looks like a great deal for the price!

I am going to be doing a new DP for my 240sx here shortly before snow flies. My old one hangs too low, prob. get ripped off by snow mounds.

Evan