HybridZ

Weighed my LT1 T56 and got a 0-60 time

Using a four corner race scale, my 73, full interior with LT1 T56, 1/2 tank of gas and no driver weighed in at

2604 lb

Front

647 - 655 = 1302

622 - 680 = 1302 = 50/50 weight split :-)

With me in it, and I weight 176 lb, so these numbers look accurate

Front

705 - 625

701 - 725

I also have a quafe LSD which helps unbelievably to get the power down and so I measured my 0-60 with a Gtech accelerometer at between 4.6 and 4.8 seconds, I need to get to a track to verify that, but Car and driver support the idea that the Gtech is fairly accurate.

I calculated the expected time, and depending on the tool it was

0-60 mph: 4.22 seconds http://www.060calculator.com/

0-60 mph: 4.64 http://www.cartestsoftware.com/

So all in all I am really pleased, :-) so thank you all for the information on hybrid Z, or it would probably never have got this far!

Mike

I reall need to weigh my car again but going down to Daytona my car was 2980. We used a truck stop scale for $9...lol. I am about 205lbs and I had clothes, small jack, tools, gas tank full and extra crap for the road trip. I am thinking my car weighs near the 2400 without me in it. Your numbers look really good.

Even with all the numbers lining up with calculations, I won't believe it until I have a time slip, thats the ultimate proof.

But further corroboration is that the same gtech was run 8 times in an Mitsu Evo, and comparing the data, the evo launches harder as you might expect, but then gets comfortably reeled in on each run.

Mike