HybridZ

Wanna Upgrade-Anyone have the Stock R33 Ignition, Harness, ECU Etc..

Hey Guys,

I was curious if anyone would like to upgrade to SDS EM-4F V16 that has all the stock R33 stuff: Harness,ECU,Ignitor, Coils, ect... I am pulling my motor for upgrades and my local resources are using the stock stuff so if I can trade now when everthing is disconnected it would make sense.

May we ask why? Not happy with the SDS?

I am plenty happy with it and mine is tuned for what I have. There are two guys I race and tune with and they both have the stock stuff. When I upgrade I will have to retune. Since they have forged ahead I can save a lot in the way of tuning and expertise if I mirror what they have. If they had SDS and I was stock I would want SDS to mirror them. Once I disconnect everything a basic rewire would be cake and I would make it up in hours of tuning later. That is what I meant by my resources local have the stock stuff.

I had SDS on my turbo Z and loved it after tuning a lot on it, now I have SDS for my L28ET powered S13. The tuning is the issue.. I don't see why you can't get as much if not more HP out of your setup then the other guys when useing the SDS system over a modded stock setup. Correct me if I'm wrong but it kinda sounds like you just didn't get it to a good tuned state. I wish you luck with your setup.

I had SDS on my turbo Z and loved it after tuning a lot on it, now I have SDS for my L28ET powered S13. The tuning is the issue.. I don't see why you can't get as much if not more HP out of your setup then the other guys when useing the SDS system over a modded stock setup. Correct me if I'm wrong but it kinda sounds like you just didn't get it to a good tuned state. I wish you luck with your setup.

Your wrong, but I may be tired and have lead you down the wrong path not being as clear as I could've been. This has nothing to do with power. I never said I couldn't get as much power as the other guys. Why would you assume that my car isn't in a good tuned state? Not trying to be confrontational here just letting you know that the message you interpreted was not the message I intended which is probably my fault.

Let me try to explain this differently. I have a 7 month old son. I do enjoy working on my car, but my time is so much more limited now that things are different. My car is already not stock. I am putting out about 360WHP at 12psi. I plan on upgrading again much further. My options are quite simple. Upgrade turbos, injectors and cam and retune SDS (option A) or Mirror my friends maps on the stock modded system (option B). Option A: I retune on my own when I have time (which I have none) or pay someone to tune it for me since I don't have the time. Option B: Mirror my friends setups and use their maps and be done with zero out of pocket. The car is going to be disassembled either way and the wiring of either is cake. Either way my car will be in tune and run great. Its just a matter of what is easier given who I know and what they are sharing as well as my limited time constraints.

I was just feeling out if someone wanted to trade to see if I could go this route as an option.