HybridZ

San Diego's on Fire

Dragonfly

As many of may have heard by now San Diego is on fire, for those who remember or are aware of the Cedar Fire in San Diego back in 2003 which was at that time the most devistating fire in SD history burned for several days. This fire has in less than 24 hours burned more acreage and more structures and it seems to be growing expodentialy. The did say on the radio that this fire is being called "the perfect storm" of fires due to sustaned 30mph winds with gust up to 80mph and humidity levels as low as 0%, they also said that there is speculation this fire will make it all the way to the ocean in places.

At this time I am not in any danger and have not been advised to prepare to evacuate, but I have friends who live in the manditory evacuation areas. I have only been able to talk to one of them and he is a member here as well, he is also the one I am most concerned about because he has refused to leave his home (at least when I talked to him he was at his house and refusing to leave).

As I learn more I will post it. Here is a link (if it works) that shows the smoke from the fires on the NOAA radar system. http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=NKX&loop=yes

Dragonfly

Hey, know how you feel about the fire we got some up here in LA/OC too. Hopefully no lives or houses are lost down there (I am not sure what damage is done since I just hear fire fire fire on the radio and can't really distinguish the locations)

There has been at least one fatality directly related to the fire and there have been numerous homes burned. At this point they do not have any sort of count of the number of homes lost but it is believed to be pretty high. As of right now there have been 250,000 people who have been manditorily evacuated.

Dragonfly

I called up my friend at UCSD and he's stuck there until the fires get under control, since all the roads are gridlocked and the exits to get to Poway are blocked off. I called his sister and their family in Poway and theyre ok for now, the fires around them are getting pushed away from their house. I hope they it all under control soon =/

Does anyone know how they started? It was fine yesterday morning and they just exploded all over...

Does anyone know how they started? It was fine yesterday morning and they just exploded all over...

I have heard (but it is not confirmed) that at least one of the fires started from a power line that was blown down by the santa ana winds. The fire that is burning in San Ysidro was started by some students at the local high school, no one has said why they started it but the police have them in custody. I do not know about the others.

Dragonfly

hey everyone i was able to go back to my home in scripps ranch after our mandatory evac, i just want everyone here to know if they need anything please pm me. i might not have exactly what you need but if i do, its yours. i have a baby daughter and she has a lot of clothes so if you cant pack your baby's clothes let me know. my daughter can spare some clothing to those who need it. formula and diapers even. best wishes. hopefully we dont have to evac again.

here is what i get to breathe and watch here in the bay of sandy ague-o, fire storm capitol of the world.......1193186125.jpg

1193185733.jpg

1193149772.jpg

the ones with the bridge in them are sunrises, the others are sunsets-----beeeeyoootifuuuulllll because of the massive amounts of smoke in the air.....verrrry unhealthy to breathe in your burning homes.:icon29:....i am soooooo verrry sorry that you guyz have homes in the area:frown:----nothing is as scary as having your home in danger......good luck, all...:shock:......

There was no school for me today... I live right next to it, and I'm outside working on my 240sx. School would've been way better than no school. Can't believe I just said that. Don't know if theres no school on Monday either. Any info if the fires are getting down? I don't watch tv. =[

There was no school for me today... I live right next to it, and I'm outside working on my 240sx. School would've been way better than no school. Can't believe I just said that. Don't know if theres no school on Monday either. Any info if the fires are getting down? I don't watch tv. =[

i do not own a tv--i find stuff out from friends who listen to kogo----600AM radio......i get to try to breathe with asthmatic lungs the ashes and smoke from yo guyz's homes------i am sooooooo sorry you guyz who had fire problems had to go thru this .........it is massive, at best...........:frown: