HybridZ

355sbc witha bds supercharger

well ok so heres wat the deal is: i got this car for about 1500, it was sitting under this guys roof for like three years not being driven all stock, perfect interior but like little bad spots all around on the outside and like the engine bay was a mess

it woulndt start

i got it running with a new efi computer but like there was a short to ground somewere that made some massive problems, make a long story short pulling the whiper motor harness and right headlight motor stoped that prob but like i didnt hav ethe money to buy a new harness from nissan if they made it any more

my buddy and i figured that there was enough room to put a 350 in the enigne bay and thats when we found this site and started looken

im tired of people always being like find out info urself or watever so like ill answer anything i can

um i striped the car inside and out all thats left is the suspension, the front fenders and front clip are out i actrully had the engine in the car for a mock up,

its a 355 sbc with a bds supercharger on it

i bought it from big als toy box in gaylordsville ct after taking out a 15k loan which was gone real fast heres the website for him

http://www.bigalstoybox.com/

i went in there and was like i got 10k to spend wat can u give me

so i think he gave me a phase three if u look at the web page u can find out wat im taklen about

i have two carter cargs dart heads and a bds supercharger

he didnt give me like all the other things like compression or valve lift or that type of specs i asked him but he never got around to it, so its a turn key motor for 10,800 im using a mellory distributor but i recommend not using those cuase they break apart and fall into the crank case if its older mines brand new, um i have a built turbo 350 trani that i paid 12hundred for froma a 79 camero. um for motor mounts like im using moraso i think thats how u spell it ill find out and tell u if its improtant and then like i havent found a kit for this swap so i bought angle iron and welded it together and im gonna like weld that to the sub fram of the nissan

theres someone in this hybrid z form that has done this im just coping him

any other quesiotns ask please

Hmmmmm as well,

Pictures would help. Did you tell the guy what your intentions were for the engine? What kind of warranty did you get. Should be interesting...... Not sure about the turbo 350 trans, it is going to be hard to hook up and I can imagine alot of parts breakage due to the low 1st gear.

John

It's not that sturdy of a motor IMHO, since it uses stock rods. But it's his money. The blower setup is about 4000 so for 6K, I would have expected alittle more than stock pieces. But then again, it's his money.

I think he could have went BBC with the same blower for that matter. But since it will smoke the tires anyway, who cares!

i got a one year warrenty with the motor once its turned on.

right now its just sitting in my garage wating to be installed im low on money and wat not so "big al" basically said u must bring it back to me once its in the car i willl turn it on and tune the carbs for u and then you're one year will start.

i paid 11k for this motor its strong its tough the trani was rebuilt and made stronger,

ive been getting many different opinions about this project and wat im using, i just want to like learn and have fun with it

just a question? a 89 s10 ruing low 11 sec quarters with abuilt 350 what do uthink when this car is done will it beat that s10

pictures will be on the way

• Administrators
well ok so heres wat the deal is: i got this car for about 1500, it was sitting under this guys roof for like three years not being driven all stock, perfect interior but like little bad spots all around on the outside and like the engine bay was a mess

it woulndt start

i got it running with a new efi computer but like there was a short to ground somewere that made some massive problems, make a long story short pulling the whiper motor harness and right headlight motor stoped that prob but like i didnt hav ethe money to buy a new harness from nissan if they made it any more

my buddy and i figured that there was enough room to put a 350 in the enigne bay and thats when we found this site and started looken

im tired of people always being like find out info urself or watever so like ill answer anything i can

um i striped the car inside and out all thats left is the suspension, the front fenders and front clip are out i actrully had the engine in the car for a mock up,

its a 355 sbc with a bds supercharger on it

i bought it from big als toy box in gaylordsville ct after taking out a 15k loan which was gone real fast heres the website for him

http://www.bigalstoybox.com/

i went in there and was like i got 10k to spend wat can u give me

so i think he gave me a phase three if u look at the web page u can find out wat im taklen about

i have two carter cargs dart heads and a bds supercharger

he didnt give me like all the other things like compression or valve lift or that type of specs i asked him but he never got around to it, so its a turn key motor for 10,800 im using a mellory distributor but i recommend not using those cuase they break apart and fall into the crank case if its older mines brand new, um i have a built turbo 350 trani that i paid 12hundred for froma a 79 camero. um for motor mounts like im using moraso i think thats how u spell it ill find out and tell u if its improtant and then like i havent found a kit for this swap so i bought angle iron and welded it together and im gonna like weld that to the sub fram of the nissan

theres someone in this hybrid z form that has done this im just coping him

any other quesiotns ask please

By chance are you using some form of voice recognition software for creating your posts? I don’t mean this as disrespectful, with the lack of capitalization, limited punctuation, run on sentences, spelling, and your use of the word “like”, and “um”, your posts sort of remind me of an 80’s "valley girl" conversation. Again, I mean no disrespect, it is just different and has the appearance of possibly being voice recognition typed/posted…

Good luck with your project. It should be scary quick by most street car standards.

By chance are you using some form of voice recognition software for creating your posts? I don’t mean this as disrespectful, with the lack of capitalization, limited punctuation, run on sentences, spelling, and your use of the word “likeâ€, and “umâ€, your posts sort of remind me of an 80’s "valley girl" conversation. Again, I mean no disrespect, it is just different and has the appearance of possibly being voice recognition typed/posted…

Good luck with your project. It should be scary quick by most street car standards.

My thoughts exactly..... If he really did type this out himself, I don't think he should be behind so much power on the road :hs:

• 3 weeks later...

say wat u want i got the motor and trani in

heres the pics i hope that they work and u can see them

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/adosenfuries/Photos.aspx?resourceId=d365e44a-dd3f-4eeb-b512-e9bea4e12d95

i seriously hope that this link works

its on sponsor house

this picture is off the motor and trani goin in for a mock up

more will hopefully becomeing