having the guys selling the pulstarplug plugs,

set up the test procedures,

stage and report on the test results

seems kind of a RIGGED GAME to ME!

THE REAL RESULTS FROM INDEPENDENT TESTING

http://www.teamzr1.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976

:crazy: :D

• 4 months later...

As soon as I get my stock 1975 280z this is what i am going to do. I will dyno OEM champion spark plugs, and test the pulse star plugs, and see if there is a significant difference. I know that my ffriends have them in thier mustangs, and RX7's, and had them dynoed, and they said they got an increase in hp by 10 horses.

what you guys are missing is its very easy for the guys hawking these plugs to squew the results , simply changing the PREFERED gap, heat range or FUEL AIR RATIO, IGNITION timing that favors one plugs ideal charicteristics that can result in that much gain, example, lets say that plug (A) runs best with a .045 gap at 37 degrees advance and a 14.7:1 f/a ratioand plug (B) runs best at .040 gap and with 39 degrees total advance,and a 14.0:1 f/a ratio, we can make either plug look bad simply by testing BOTH with identical specs that favor the plug we choose too have win the comparison.

use you minds!

if the cylinders ignited properly , at the correct time with the correct voltage and amps and gap, the flame tends to be started equally fast ,the plug type matters very little if its not, the PLUG TYPE MATTERS VERY LITTLE, its getting all the factors optomized for the conditionsd that results in gains

you see this type of testing alot in the comparison of cams or intake manifolds, they stick a cam designed to operate at 5000-7000rpm with 12.5:1 compression ratio in an engine with a single plane intake, then test it in a 9:1 cpr test engine with a ,dual plane intake and smaller carb and show you how its a total dog compared to thier promoted cam thats slightly milder in durration and then brag about (look how we even gave the other guys the extra advantage)even thou we only tested from 2500-up to 6000 rpm, look how much more low rpm tq we produced.......and the un-thinking morrons rush out to buy without thinking it thru

what you guys are missing is its very easy for the guys hawking these plugs to squew the results , simply changing the PREFERED gap, heat range or FUEL AIR RATIO, IGNITION timing that favors one plugs ideal charicteristics that can result in that much gain, example, lets say that plug (A) runs best with a .045 gap at 37 degrees advance and a 14.7:1 f/a ratioand plug (B) runs best at .040 gap and with 39 degrees total advance,and a 14.0:1 f/a ratio, we can make either plug look bad simply by testing BOTH with identical specs that favor the plug we choose too have win the comparison.

use you minds!

if the cylinders ignited properly , at the correct time with the correct voltage and amps and gap, the flame tends to be started equally fast ,the plug type matters very little if its not, the PLUG TYPE MATTERS VERY LITTLE, its getting all the factors optomized for the conditionsd that results in gains

not to mention that different ambient temps after the room has been heated by a glowing manifold, slight loss of traction on the rollers due to the first runs being on cold tires, alot of other B.S. they try to take out of the ad tests.

There are just too many variables that are used in these tests to warrant any concrete reason to switch over to a 30 dollar plug. It's rediculous.